What to do with kids in Nassau?

lhegs

We have 4 adults and 7 kids ages 5-17 and want something fun to do that will appeal to all. We love the beach and water toys (jet skis etc). Any suggestions would be great.

If you need amenities, you'll have to take a beach break tour like Blackbeards Cay or pay to enter one of the Cable Beach Resorts ($15 for Wyndham/ Nassau Beach Hotel).

If you don't mind not having a restroom etc.. then there's a public beach on Paradise Island next to the RIU hotel. You can rent Chaise loungers and umbrellas, jets ski vendors are nearby.

Lighthouse Beach is also nearby, just around the corner from the British Colonial Hilton.. nice stretch of beach in the harbour, but it's unlikely that you'll find water toys and jet skis..

• 3 months later...

I'm thinking we'll head to the beaches on the other ports of call and since this is the first time I've been to the Bahamas, I'd love to see some sights. With two very young kids (2 and 4), will there be group tours of the island or should we get a taxi?

Is there anything we should look out for when we're in the Bahamas and we've never been there before? I expect to be duped somewhat as they expect us all to be rich Americans and will want to part us from our $ but I don't want to offend them if we try to bargain down either.

I'm thinking we'll head to the beaches on the other ports of call and since this is the first time I've been to the Bahamas, I'd love to see some sights. With two very young kids (2 and 4), will there be group tours of the island or should we get a taxi?

Check out this thread with a free walking tour, for an idea of the various tourist sites within walking distance of the pier area.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332656

We did it twice this year and it was great.

I know the horse carridges that are right at the pier Welcome Center kept passing us, as we were walking, so I know they take basically the same route.

The Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle above it and the view from there are not to be missed.

You also might think of Ardastra Zoo and Gardens with younger kids.

http://www.ardastra.com/index.html

We haven't been there yet, but will probably stop there in September, to finally check it out.

Bill

Archived