Xcaret vs Xel-Ha...Anyone been to both??

Getting ready to go on the Inspiration & our port stop is Calica. Just was wondering if anyone had been to both Xcaret & Xel-Ha and if so what was your opinion on these two places? I've heard both are within 10 mins of the ship did I hear right?

Blessings!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been to both, loved both and I am eager to return to both!

No matter which you choose, you can't go wrong. There is plenty to do and see at each or just lay back and relax.

As far as the distance, I do recall X-Caret being only 10-15 minues away. However I don't have the same memory of Xel-Ha, in fact I remember that I found it odd that our taxi driver dropped us off then waited to take us back several hours later when we were ready to go. So I don't think it was only 10 minutes away....but I honestly can't say for sure.

Have Fun!

• 1 month later...

We have been to both and they both offer a beautiful and lush tropical atmosphere, but I would say that if I had to choose which one I like better, I would choose Xcaret.

Xel-Ha is good for snorkeling and is considered to be the "world's largest natural aquarium".

Xcaret has more to offer, from a swim through the underground tunnels to the beach, dolphin encounters, snorkeling, marine life, animals, shows and mayan ruins!

I have been to Xel-Ha twice and each time it was in conjuction with an excursion to Tulum, so I know that these two places are closer together.

I've been to both, and here’s my take on the two parks:

Xcaret has a lot of variety, mostly nature oriented. Gives you a tiny taste of some ruins. One of my favorite things was going through the underground rivers. They have an evening show as well (which you probably won't get to see).

Xel-ha to me has more things to keep kids occupied. And it’s also got an area that is inviting to just lay around and do nothing. The bonus, if you have a family, would be the AI option I think.

Both have pretty good websites where you can explore them in detail and try to decide which would be the best fit for you. I think either is a good choice. The only thing I don’t usually recommend is doing the combined Tulum / Xel-Ha trip because I don’t think you are given enough time at Xel-Ha. My personal preference is Xcaret.

Archived