Ship leaves @5pm..Dinner that night?

turtle7178

We sail the Miracle on the 19th. We aren't set to leave port in NYC until 5pm. Will there be dinner that night on the ship or should be expect to do the buffet or room service?

there will be dinner. it will be casual dress in case luggage hasn't been delivered yet. you'll be on ship long b/4 that barring any clerance issues if you get there early afternoon (you'll even have lunch buffet on lido once you board). miracle has one dining room, only 2 dinner times. think the early seating is 5:45.

We sail the Miracle on the 19th. We aren't set to leave port in NYC until 5pm. Will there be dinner that night on the ship or should be expect to do the buffet or room service?

Most ships sail at 4 and have dinner. Guess maybe Im missing something:confused: Destiny sails at 10pm and has open seating dinner. Dont worry they will feed ya :)

Actually its just the Bermuda cruise that the OP is on that leaves at 5. The other Miracle cruises leave at 4pm

yes. i see now miracle leaves at 4. but i had 5 in my head b/c i purchased a victory cruise out of ny for in-laws last year as a present. victory leaves at 5 too, both last year when they went, and again this year. guess they must have to schedule staggering departures for room to move.

Most ships sail at 4 and have dinner. Guess maybe Im missing something:confused: Destiny sails at 10pm and has open seating dinner. Dont worry they will feed ya :)

I think the reason the Destiny has open seating on Sunday is because there are passengers who begin their cruise on Barbados. Therefore San Juan is a "port stop" and there are people coming and going all day (although the majority of them are boarding San Juan, again at all different times of the day).

Wondering though, when a ship is scheduled to sail at 4:00 like the Victory, is dinner on the first day open seating or will we have dinner at our assigned tables?

I think the reason the Destiny has open seating on Sunday is because there are passengers who begin their cruise on Barbados. Therefore San Juan is a "port stop" and there are people coming and going all day (although the majority of them are boarding San Juan, again at all different times of the day).

Wondering though, when a ship is scheduled to sail at 4:00 like the Victory, is dinner on the first day open seating or will we have dinner at our assigned tables?

i have never had open seating for dinner on any CCL cruise i have taken. even 1st night you go to your table:confused: . though i did not do a cruise originating in san juan or barbados...

We have sailed 3 times at around 4 or 5 and dinner was at your scheduled table.. the only time we had open seating was on the Victory with our stop in San Juan from 5pm -12am.

yes. i see now miracle leaves at 4. but i had 5 in my head b/c i purchased a victory cruise out of ny for in-laws last year as a present. victory leaves at 5 too, both last year when they went, and again this year. guess they must have to schedule staggering departures for room to move.

If your on the April 19th cruise leaving for Bermuda, departure time is 5pm.

We have sailed 3 times at around 4 or 5 and dinner was at your scheduled table.. the only time we had open seating was on the Victory with our stop in San Juan from 5pm -12am.

Thanks for the info!

Thats very interested because we were on the Liberty last week and the stop in San Juan was the same 5pm- 12am. Dining times didn't change, no open seating offered.

And, except for my parents, my in-laws, and the single man who was at the table by himself until he was invited to join the four of them, that was it... 5 of them for the 6:15 dining room!!!!

Open seating would have been much better!!!!

Thats very interested because we were on the Liberty last week and the stop in San Juan was the same 5pm- 12am. Dining times didn't change, no open seating offered.

And, except for my parents, my in-laws, and the single man who was at the table by himself until he was invited to join the four of them, that was it... 5 of them for the 6:15 dining room!!!!

Open seating would have been much better!!!!

I just verified my capers from March last year and it does state San Juan Open Sitting Dinner 5:30pm-8:00pm for both dining rooms. Maybe they have since changed this.

Archived