Maximizing Closet Space

We're sailing on FOS 4/22 and have an "accessible" balcony cabin and other family in a PR cabin (standard PR, not the family one). Two adults in the balcony, 1 adult/1 child in the PR.

Anyway, we've gotten tips on maximizing space by using the back of the door shoe pocket thingy and the hangers that will hold 4-5 pairs of pants/shorts on one hanger.

Now, I've also seen those fabric hanging "shelves" for shoes as well as shirts/sweaters. Would one of those help maximize the space in our closets?

Are there drawers for putting away clothes?

Our luggage has the stagger sizes that fit one inside the next, storage available under the bed an option? on the floor of the closet (lying down, not standing up)?

Really don't want to live out of a suitcase :-)

Thank you in advance!

Honestly, you don't need to bring any of those things! ;)

I am a heavy packer and I have always had plenty of space with the drawers and closets in RCCL ships, along with other cruise lines.

Suitcases will go under the bed and do not need to be stacked. You may have to pick up one end of the bed to get them all under.

Now, for more than two persons to a room, you may need to use some space saving equipment. :)

We just got off an 11 day cruise and as usual overpacked, we had no problems with space in the closet or the drawers etc. This was our 11th cruise and have never brought the shoe thingy and never felt it was needed. Save all that room in your luggage for souvenirs and stuff instead of carrying all that other stuff. Also there are plenty of hanging space and you don't not need to pile everything on one hanger. The suitcases will fit under the bed though if your are large like ours we had to lift the bed to get them under there.

We had plenty of closet space and we tend to hang up everything rather than put it in drawers. My only suggestion would be to take some plastic hangers and to pack some of the hanging clothes on those hangers. Then you can unpack by just hanging stuff up.

Viv

That's what we do...take most of our clothes on hangers, in a hanging bag.

Another tool that I find useful is to pack a pop-up hamper. Takes up no space in the suitcase, and great for those dirty clothes. We keep it in the closet. At the end of the cruise, all the dirty clothes go into a laundry bag that we bring along and we just put it one of the suitcases.

Just got of the Rhapsody and stayed in a JS. I couldn't believe the storage space we had. On either side of the mirror in the bedroom there was storage. Next to the bathroom there was a full length storage area. In the bathroom on either side of the mirror was more storage space. Each night stand had 2 drawers and the desk area had 6 drawers in addition to a huge closest.

Definitely no need for an over the door storage thing.

Have fun.

We always bring the plastic hanger-stackers.

It is a hook on each end, with a bar in the middle. The bar has holes in it and a hanger hangs from each hole. When you drop one hook from the closet rod, all of your clothes are dropped down, leaving twice the closet space.

We bring our own plastic disposable hangers and leave them behind for the next passenger.

We always bring the plastic hanger-stackers.

It is a hook on each end, with a bar in the middle. The bar has holes in it and a hanger hangs from each hole. When you drop one hook from the closet rod, all of your clothes are dropped down, leaving twice the closet space.

We bring our own plastic disposable hangers and leave them behind for the next passenger.

That sounds neat! :)

Just wanted you to know that all "left over" hangers get thrown out by your steward when you leave. They are not allowed to leave "unauthorized" hangers in a stateroom closet. This was told to me by my steward on the Grandeur.

You can get all the hangers you want from your cabin steward.

We have never used all the storage in any balcony cabin on RCI. Even on a 22 night B2B one year.

We always take a large trash bag for the dirty clothes and keep it on the floor of the closet.

Archived