Just Returned from our Cruise with 11 Month Old

czarinahil

The baby did great and we would do it again in a heartbeat!! We packed pretty well (there was only a few things that were not necessary (like the booster seat and the blow up pool).

We wuld not, however, take that specific cruise again. We were on the RCCL Empress of the Seas for a three night cruise out of Puerto Rico. We stopped at St. Thomas and St. Martin and had no sea days. First of all, a short cruise is just not for us and we missed the sea days. Second, I am not sure is it was that specific cruise, or the cruise line, or the holiday weekend but it wasn't the crowd that we have usually encountered on our cruises. For example there ware A LOT of people in the dining room at dinner in ratty t-shirts and baseball caps - and obviouslly the crusie staff was not batting an eye. Also, we encountered much rudeness in association with tha baby like people not willing to make room for the stroller in the elevator even though they could have easily taken the steps and we could not. Some people even said the elevator was all full when it clearly was not!!

If you have any specific questions just ask!

How did baby act during dinner? dining room or buffet?

Why do you think the pool was not needed?

Is your baby walking yet?

Inside or Balcony??

Glad you had a good trip. I plan to cruise with a 21mo soon.

Did baby go to any shows?

• 4 weeks later...

We're getting ready to take our 10 month old, will be 11 months, on a west. caribbean cruise. Any suggestions?? Stroller, car seat, babysitting??? We're going carnival. Thanks.

We're getting ready to take our 10 month old, will be 11 months, on a west. caribbean cruise. Any suggestions?? Stroller, car seat, babysitting??? We're going carnival. Thanks.

We are taking a 19 mo on Carnival Fantasy in August. I have gotten a lot of helping info. on this site. Is this your first cruise? This will be our first taking a child. I heard definatley bring an umbrella stroller and request early dinner time. I believe I heard baby-sitting is available from 10p -3am. That helps me NONE. I go to bed by 10 pm myself. :)

oopps. I also heard that you can use the camp carnival room when the regular hours are closed. A place that your baby can play/hang out with toys and plenty of running around room, but you must stay with them at that time.(no drop-off) . Also there is a charge for babysitting. I am sure someone around here knows the price for sure.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking an umbrella stroller would be light, and easy to transport. How do you set up babysitting times for kids under 2? I'm thinking maybe one night my husband and I might stay up past our normal bed time.

We are taking our daughter with us on a 9 night cruise on the NCL Pearl in Oct. I think you go to the reception desk and they will help with the babysetting. Iam worried about excursions maybe we will just do our own and go to differnt beaches. I was told that taxis or buses do not have seat belts so why bring a car seat! I was thinking of bringing a blow up pool as well. We are thinking of upgrading to a balcony so when she takes naps we can be getting sun still.

A blow up pool isn't a bad idea. I think for excursions we'll do things like the turtle farm in the Caymans, and a beach in Cozumel. Have you heard anything about renting a jeep in Cozumel? That's where the car seat idea comes from. I was thinking we could do our own thing, but then again my DH gets lost soooooooooooooooo easy, and I surely can't navigate Mexico, as I've only been there once. It may just be too stressful. Thanks for the tip on requesting babysitting. It makes me anxious not knowing how things in regards to my kids.

With Carnival.. I believe you just go the the Camp Carnival area, and make a request for baby sitting, in advance. However, babysitting is only available at certain times. (12-2p.m and 10p-3am) Also, I found out the rates were $6/ per hour. I have noticed that Carseats are not a neccesity (by law that is) in Mexico. Of course, it would make you feel safer. However, we have been 3 times and always see babies not in car seats. I plan on taking a cab, and more than likely will not carry a carseat. (I know that it sounds scary). I don't know anything about jeeps. Personally, I think your carseat will be more of a hassle than anything, but keep asking around maybe someone else has a differ opinion. Last time we went to Paradise Beach....it was nice. I think we will go there again. Or I heard Mr. Sanchos was nice. We like the water!!! I will be bringing a blow up pool for sure. Yes, I agree with the other poster, a balcony would be nice. BUT....for price I must go with the cheapy. :D

The baby did great and we would do it again in a heartbeat!! We packed pretty well (there was only a few things that were not necessary (like the booster seat and the blow up pool).

We wuld not, however, take that specific cruise again. We were on the RCCL Empress of the Seas for a three night cruise out of Puerto Rico. We stopped at St. Thomas and St. Martin and had no sea days. First of all, a short cruise is just not for us and we missed the sea days. Second, I am not sure is it was that specific cruise, or the cruise line, or the holiday weekend but it wasn't the crowd that we have usually encountered on our cruises. For example there ware A LOT of people in the dining room at dinner in ratty t-shirts and baseball caps - and obviouslly the crusie staff was not batting an eye. Also, we encountered much rudeness in association with tha baby like people not willing to make room for the stroller in the elevator even though they could have easily taken the steps and we could not. Some people even said the elevator was all full when it clearly was not!!

If you have any specific questions just ask!

Whoa! I think I would have gotten to my wits end with the elevator people!

When I was told "no room" I would have flashed a big, toothey, smile, and said "sure there is" in a sing-songish voice.

I then would have put my foot down in the corner, to hold the elevator door open, proceede to take the baby out of the stroller, and then have DH fold up the stroller, and then happily walked onto the elevator with my husband, the baby, the stroller and a big fat smile on my face!

We will be going on the Rhapsody when DS is 10 months old.

We went on the Splendour when DS was 5.5 months old and brought along the exersaucer for him - and he loved it!

We will be driving to the port (again) so bringing an exersaucer type toy along again is totally an option!

Can you please tell me what toys you brought to occupy your baby? Also, at 11 months, what does baby really love as a toy?

My 10 month old loves his saucer. The thought of packing it sounds cumbersum. Any ideas how to get the big ol' thing on board? I read somewhere you can rent bouncers, and other things on board. Has anyone done that? Do you think Paradise beach is better for kids then Chakaanb ?sp?? My DH and I did Mr. Sancho's 4 years ago, and it was okay, but we'd like to try someplace else. Traveling with a baby really gets the old thinker going!!

I would love to meet those friendly elevator people!! I took would have squeezed into the elevator if it meant my husband had to hold me, the stroller and the baby, and of course I'd be smiling!!!!

Archived