poll about the color of your luggage. Just read the thread, please:)

majosa

Pink, Tan and Purple striped. Sounds wierd, but very pretty and easy to spot. 3 cruises and many a flight with it. Got it from Stein Mart. Places like that and Marshalls have different looking luggage because it usually stuff that is left over and out of the norm.

I would say most is Black. Then we saw REd. We just came back from 2 cruises. I bought Purple and Black from Nine West. We used it in November. Never saw any like mine. Then we came back Feb. Didn't see any like it either again. My other one is Purple. I loved the Hot pink. Husband didn't like that idea.

Like many others, here is the easiest and least expensive idea there is for finding your luggage easily without buying new luggage. Go to your local fabric shop. Usually they all have an area where they have "pieces" of materials that they sell really cheap. Look for something REALLY REALLY BRIGHT or with a LOUD pattern on it. Buy it and then cut it into strips. Tie a strip in a knot to the handle of each piece of luggage. It stands out and it is easily seen in the midst of lots of other luggage.

Our luggage really stands out...it's black....but then I wrap it with a piece of neon green duct tape. We used to just put ribbon on the handles, but we added the tape with our last trip and we could spot our luggage from 200 feet away. We too need new luggage before our next trip. I found a great set at target, it's powder blue. Not too girly, but I doubt DH would want to use it if traveling without me. In that case I will keep 1 black suitcase for him.

Becky

My luggage is suede hot pink with patent leather black trim. My luggage is easy to find. My husband insists on black it takes us forever to find his. Mine is Diane Von Frustenburg (Orchard collection)you can get it at Macys and sometimes on Ebay. I wont be on you cruise and I have never seen anyone else with it. Good luck!

I would say most is Black. Then we saw REd. We just came back from 2 cruises. I bought Purple and Black from Nine West. We used it in November. Never saw any like mine. Then we came back Feb. Didn't see any like it either again. My other one is Purple. I loved the Hot pink. Husband didn't like that idea.

I WANT this luggage! Kohl's has the whole Nine West set and I'm tempted to buy it everytime I'm in there.

But anyway, to the OP, the luggage I currently have is dark green. I do have a smaller rolling bag I use on short business trips that is black...and it's always a pain. I have to check the tag on every small black rolling bag that passes me on the carousel at the airport. I don't think I'd ever buy a whole set of black luggage.

I just bought an inexpensive red set at Walmart to replace my huge black roller bag that's just too heavy when fully packed.

TJ Maxx has an assortment of all kinds of pretty luggage.

This is my set, not as pretty as Tasha's purple, I'd much rather purple!

0004984504446_215X215.jpg

Wow ya'll are awesome!! Thank you so much!! I told my DH about all of the ideas and such and he informed me about the unused luggage we have in the top of the closet!! I had forgotten ALL about that!! No really! Of course it is black! I told him that could be his and i could get pink! He said ok!! Yeah!:p :p

Mine is turquoise, which really shows the airline and cruiseline wear and tear, but is easy to spot anywhere. We also have an identical set in a steel blue/grey which is quite easy to ID as well. My only complaint is they look "worn" after just one trip. But, they completely nest and fit under the beds in the Princess mini-suites, so they come close to perfect for us.

My luggage is suede hot pink with patent leather black trim. My luggage is easy to find. My husband insists on black it takes us forever to find his. Mine is Diane Von Frustenburg (Orchard collection)you can get it at Macys and sometimes on Ebay. I wont be on you cruise and I have never seen anyone else with it. Good luck!

I also have the DVF-but mine is the set that has pinkish/purple hearts on it. I can spot it a mile away.

Just saw you were from Memphis too. I got 3 pieces at Macy's and the other 3 off Ebay.

I put patches on mine and we put colorful duct tape on the handle. There are a lot of black suitcases but really theres a lot of suitcases of all colors. I'd definitely go with a bright color since a lot of the luggage I saw had more muted colors. Strings on the handles do help as well. Just keep in mind that You'll need to be able to spot your luggage if it's upside down as well as right side up. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as I enjoyed mine.

My luggage is a pretty purple and my bf's a sky blue. On our cruise last year, bf's mom had black luggage and tied ribbons around the handle, only when she thought she noticed her luggage coming through and pulled "her" luggage off, it wasn't actually hers! Someone had the same 4 colored ribbons on their handles as she did. I like to vacation with just a little less stress, and of course, I love the pretty colors :)

I bought a red luggage set, thinking it would stand out in the pile. Wrong! Lots of people have red luggage! So we tied colorful matching bandanas on each piece of luggage, and now we can spot them easily.

got a set of black with hot pink lips for her 8th birthday a couple years back.

It was a huge set and her and I shared it for the cruise. It was really easy to spot.

Thing is - it is a microfiber...almost a nylon and it has held up so well. We got it on e-bay for less than a hundred dollars for all 9 or 10 pieces. I thought it might last a year or so but it looks brand new.

They had zebra, hawaiian/hibiscus, ladybugs...all kinds of designs. A bit tacky but super easy to find!

We had all matching black and put the neon green ribbons on the handles and then the airline broke two of them last year. So, we decided to buy new luggage and black was not an option. Like everyone else I wanted something that would stand out. So, I bought neon pink. It is great! My husband wasn't about to put his clothes in anything neon pink so we bought him Camoflauge! He loves it! Very manly. We can always spot our luggage. We bought them at Overstock and got all 8 pieces for under 150.00.

I used to work at Tampa's cruise terminal during debarkation and embarkation. The most important reason to get luggage that stands out is NOT so you can find your luggage, but that someone doesn't grab your luggage and walk off with it by mistake. I spent many a Sunday morning looking at every single piece of luggage for a guest only to find that someone else had toted the wrong bag off by mistake.

Another reason: You would be surprised--most men do not have a clue as to what color their suitcases are. The wife would stand off to the side and let the husband go look for the bags. Many a man (old and young alike) would wander aimlessly, looking at every single nametag. I'd play 20 questions with him, asking the size, shape and color of the bag. I swear, 100 percent of the time the correct bag would be located, and it did not match the description at all!

So DO identify your bag with some kind of yarn pom-pom or brightly-colored strap or luggage tag. Make it scream to those who are clueless: THIS IS NOT YOUR BAG!!! And please, ladies: quiz him when you put the bags in the hallway the night before--make sure he knows how to spot your bag in the morning :)

My DD has the suede hot pink and after a few flights and one cruise the luggage looks terrible. Cleaning hasn't improved it much-but on the positive side, she can easily spot it at the port or luggage carousel. I use metal key rings; one with a large letter "K" and the other with a cute green frog. My "prince" -DH- has a corresponding frog on one suitcase and a car key ring on another. We can always pick out our luggage: green and black, respectively.

Archived