Enchantment Review- April 5-9th

Pre Cruise: We drove down to Fort Laudedale from Orlando the morning of the cruise. We left Orlando at 8:30am and pulled up to the porter at 11:35am or so.

Pre Boarding: As we pulled up to the porter, of course my first thought was WOW that ship looks small. Of course I thought that because most all my RCCL cruises have been on Voyager class ships, so this was a new experience for me. There were very few people dropping off bags this early, I think I was there with two other cars or so. We quickly drove our car up to the second floor of the garage and parked our car. We walked into the check in area behind a LARGE group of high school aged kids around 11:50am or so. We walked to the front of the group since they did not have everyone yet, and went through security with no problem at all. We carried on two bottles of water and a four mini bottles of vodka. We walked right up to the check in counter and got our sea pass cards. Walked up the gangway and were onboard at 12:10pm or so. I was very pleased with how quick the process was.

Day1: We walked onboard on deck 4 and right into the centrum. I was impressed right away with the beauty of this small ship. The common areas were clean and looked great to me. We walked into the dining room, table 038 quickly and than walked out to get a ride up to the pool deck. We went up to deck 9 and walked out onto the pool deck..AGAIN here I was so happy and impressed with this ship..We quickly walked up to the pool bar and got our drink on, I had my game face for this day. We drank a few quick drinks and headed back down to the centrum to wait for our rooms. We got down to the champagne bar and met Nicole, the best bartender on the ship...knowing our cabin was right behind the door, I knew we would see a lot of her. We went down the hallway at 12:55 or so and right to our cabin (4569) down the hallway off the main hallway. When we walked into the room, I was of course shocked at how clean it was, but so so so small. I am not a small guy either, so it was a little tight, and I knew it would be just fine for a 4 day cruise. The one thing that got my attention right away was the fact the bathroom did not have a door like others had posted, althought this was in the new area of the ship that was added in 2005.

We went back to the bar after quickly dropping off our bags. We headed up to the Viking Crown lounge where we ran into Mommabean and her DH. The moment we walked in she picked me out from seeing my pics in my link below. They we awesome people, and we spend a lot of time with them over the cruise. After a few more drinks it was time to head down to get our beloved like jackets for the mustard drill:)....At this point it was 4:30 or so and all we had seen were 3 different bars, so you should have a pretty good idea about our state at that point:) After the drill we headed back to the cabin to drop off our life jackets and head up to the pool bar for sail away. We met up with a few other CC'ers for another drink. At then it started to rain...Right as we untied from the dock it was down pouring, so we hung out at the windows outside the Windjammer.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE IN A BIT...I WILL ALSO ADD PICTURES LATER!..PLEASE EXSCUSE THE MISTAKES...IM TIRED

We headed up to the Viking Crown lounge where we ran into Mommabean and her DH. The moment we walked in she picked me out from seeing my pics in my link below. They we awesome people, and we spend a lot of time with them over the cruise.

And the feeling is mutual. :D

Mommabean: Was Julian as charming as ever:p !...Later, Jill:cool:

I'll give you one guess. OK, you are right! :D

He's a doll. I'd cruise Enchantment again just for the pleasure of his CL. I eagerly await the final night. On how many cruises can anyone say they look forward to the last night? ;)

Excellent review so far, skyking - cannot wait to hear the rest! I'll be on Enchantment in just a few weeks... in a room just down the hall from the one in which you stayed! I know that we'll probably be "regulars" at the Champagne Bar, too :). How was the noise in your room? Could you hear a lot from above on Deck Five?

Thanks!!

Skyking-

I love your pics!! Me and my family will be cruising out at the end of April and are so ecited. You and Sarah make such a cute couple:o) You guys look like experienced travelers....so when's the wedding???;)

Did you see many families with children or mostly singles?

How was the weather in Jamaica & Caymans?

Skyking-

I love your pics!! Me and my family will be cruising out at the end of April and are so ecited. You and Sarah make such a cute couple:o) You guys look like experienced travelers....so when's the wedding???;)

Did you see many families with children or mostly singles?

How was the weather in Jamaica & Caymans?

HEHE....This is a funny one...Sarah and I were just friends on that cruise...I am married to someone else for two years now:) Check out my link on the main page for the RCCL boards:)

Excellent review so far, skyking - cannot wait to hear the rest! I'll be on Enchantment in just a few weeks... in a room just down the hall from the one in which you stayed! I know that we'll probably be "regulars" at the Champagne Bar, too :). How was the noise in your room? Could you hear a lot from above on Deck Five?

Thanks!!

I will get rest up soon...I have so much going on today.

The noise was not bad at all...All you hear is a little base noise, but it is over at 1am or so...I never kept me from sleeping.

Archived