Ladies I need your advice about formal!!!

majosa

Okay here is the picture of the dress i am planning on wearing to the captains party. Since it is silver in color and sleeveless i was hoping to wear a black scarf/shawl over my shoulders and arms and a pair of high heeled black open shoes. Will this look good with the black items? I am no good at fashion so i am at a loss of what to do? Thank you!

tn3_472728.jpg

wow, what size is the dress, and where in ga do you live, I'm there too! Maybe you could loan it to me for a week:p That's a beautiful dress, and yes, black will add a little class to it.

I live outside ft benning. in columbus. I found this dress on e bay!! They have soooo many from this one store e mail me at mamyers02@charter.net and i will tell you the website to go to. It is VERY reasonable!

Ooooh! I love the dress, great choice for formal night!! I might avoid black, you will probably find that you won't need the shawl at all, it is the Caribbean after all, and without the shawl the black shoes may seem a bit dark. I'd go for silver, or even a rhinestone encrusted shoe! You will look beautiful!

I have brought pretty beaded shawls with a few of my formal dresses. I usually end up abandoning them half way through the night. It is usually a little warm on the ship for me and they just seem to get in the way. I fuss with them too much. When you are having a drink, dancing, etc. I think it would look pretty alone to show off the lovely tan you will get and dress it up with a pretty pair of earrings and a nice beaded dinner purse. Fabulous shoes of course. If you have to wear a shawl, I would vote for Silver.

I love looking at what everyone is wearing formal night. My husband will sit and have a Martini as the people walk by in their beautiful outfits.

Ooooh! I love the dress, great choice for formal night!! I might avoid black, you will probably find that you won't need the shawl at all, it is the Caribbean after all, and without the shawl the black shoes may seem a bit dark. I'd go for silver, or even a rhinestone encrusted shoe! You will look beautiful!

I most certainly agree. I think by adding black, it will take away from the dress. You can use a pair of glass heels (clear) or silver. This time of year (prom season), these shoe should be easy to find. If you must have a shawl, go with a silver shawl.

On a side note: the dress is nice.

That is a fabulous dress. I agree with the others. Black may be too distracting for the dress. It's so feminine and light, the shoes should reflect that same mood.

I think a shawl, if you feel that you need one, should be very simple. The dress does it all!

Wow ladies thank you soooo much!! I have had soooo many great ideas and e mails about where to get this dress that i am going to put it on here. Those of you who e mailed me personally i will e mail you the address as well. As a side note they have a website as well as on e bay.

My advice is go to this website then choose to shop thru their ebay store. This being that they offer sizes small all the way thru 5x. As you will see they are very resaonable and have Many styles. PLEASE let me know if yall like the dresses and if you buy from them! I just love the dresses. I am getting the silver and a burgundy dress with sleeves. Enjoy!

www.holyclothing.com:D :D

Okay here is the picture of the dress i am planning on wearing to the captains party. Since it is silver in color and sleeveless i was hoping to wear a black scarf/shawl over my shoulders and arms and a pair of high heeled black open shoes. Will this look good with the black items? I am no good at fashion so i am at a loss of what to do? Thank you!

tn3_472728.jpg

I knew this was from "Holy Clothing" the moment I saw it! I have a similar silver one with long sleeves, and a dark blue one I'm taking on our Alaskan cruise. They are fabulous!

Linda

Different designs, interesting...do their sizes run true? (seems so based on the dimensions on ebay??)

I have to agree that black would overpower this very delicate dress, this comes from many many hours of watching the Style network, go with something closer to the color of the dress, some very good suggestions were given.

before this gets moved to the fashion board... i agree w/ lucky cruzer. if you can't p/u a pair of silver sandals, i'd go with white over black. white sandals/white shawl. the white will belnd into the silver better complimenting it, rather than a deep black sticking out and detracting from it, especially w/ shoes and the shawl... dress is "gaw-geous", BTW.

I would also wait and buy a shawl on the ship...mom has brought me home some very nice ones..very soft and smooth in all colors.

Definately silver shoes...black is too much for the dress. you want people to look at your great dress not the dark shows on your feet. simple jewelry as well i think since the dress has so much to it.

Archived