what classifies you VIP?

Liv2kruz

Can anyone please tell me what classifies one to be a VIP cruiser?

Do you have to cruise so many times on a specific cruise line?

Just curious.....this will be our 3rd cruise on carnival, and was wondering if we were entitled to any of these VIP perks that I have been reading about on these threads:D

Joan

You become a Platinum member on your 10th cruise and get the perks people talk about. (even though some of the idiots at Carnival will tell you it's not until your 11th cruise)

Before that the only perk you get is the Past Guest party, the ship pin and access to past guest rates if they're available on your sailing.

Carnival does have V.I.P. (Vacation Interchange Priveledges) which means that if you're a Carnival past guest you're entitled to past guest pricing on any of the lines Carnival owns (Costa, Holland America, Princess etc). You do not get past guest ammenities on these lines (such as the Platinum benefits), just the past guest pricing.

also, if you aren't a platinum member but you've booked a category 11 or 12 suite, you'll get the VIP embarking/disembarking priv.

Actually, the suite passengers only get the priority embarkation perk (plus the perk of having a nice cabin!)

Tom

Archived