Sign & Sail Cards Age restriction

krazy4cruise

The last cruise I was on my nephew who is under-age tried to buy a drink and it would not let him, because he is under age his card would not allow alcohol or tabacco purchases, so what is the need for color coded cards???? To me that is just more confusion.

I have seen to many very young kids order a drink with someone olders card, i think they need to add everyones photo to the back of the Card like Costco does.

Or maybe have their photo pop up every time they hand it to a bartender or salesperson just like when you go on and off the ship in port.

The last cruise I was on my nephew who is under-age tried to buy a drink and it would not let him, because he is under age his card would not allow alcohol or tabacco purchases, so what is the need for color coded cards???? To me that is just more confusion.

Hi there,

If you are talking about the blue, gold, and platinum cards they are more for the crew to tell the difference between first time cruisers, repeat cruisers, and cruisers who have sailed with Carnival over 10 times. There are also color coded soda cards to determine adult and child cards and to make sure the card you are using was bought during your cruise.

Hope this helps!!

Happy Cursing!!!!!!

Sail and sign card are coded as you stated for the reasons you stated. The color cards are just status cards, gold after one cruise, platium for our tenth. I hope this helps you!

Hi there,

If you are talking about the blue, gold, and platinum cards they are more for the crew to tell the difference between first time cruisers, repeat cruisers, and cruisers who have sailed with Carnival over 10 times. There are also color coded soda cards to determine adult and child cards and to make sure the card you are using was bought during your cruise.

Hope this helps!!

Happy Cursing!!!!!!

I am referring to the poll they are taking about making underage kids cards a different color, (I know about the status colors) I was just making a point that it is stupid to make the card a diff. color cause like someone else said they will just use someone elses card. I like the idea of the picture ID on the cards that would work .:)

Archived