Miracle Reviews

liberty925

I see your going to be on the same cruise as I am :D I was thinking the same thing but then again, when I went on the Legend last year, there was some pretty negitive reviews out there. But I had a wonderful time, the ship was great and no problems at all.

We're going in 2 weeks and I have been following the Miracle feedback. Most of the complaints are about NY embarkation being tedious, the number of kids onboard in the Summer and the costs of excursions and drinks.

I think overall Miracle is still giving good cruises. The service and food is well received. The facilities and entertainment are also getting good reviews. The complaints about CD Mark Hawkins are mostly from his first Miracle cruise last month and later passengers seem to like him.

All of the information given in reviews is helpful but also subjective. If you know in advance the problem areas, that will help prepare you.

Let's be realistic, can Carnival really do anything about the traffic, parking and general facilities they use from the port. Prices on the ship for drinks are really no different from other Carnival ships. Sailing in the summer comes with tons of kids. We enjoyed our march cruise and wouldn't cruise during the summer months with school out.

jim

I sailed on the Carnival Miracle on July 17. We had some complaints, but you can have the best time if you make the most of it. Getting on the ship in NYC was a nightmare, don't know why they couldn't hire a few more people to help get through the process, it took us almost 2 hours, and we were early. I know we sailed in the summer and we brought our grown children, and I don't have a problem with children, but the kids on this boat seemed to be on the boat without parents. My biggest problem with the kids are that once on the boat most parents don't give a darn where their kids are, or what they are doing. I've had trouble on the stairways as groups of kids blocked the steps, other kids were playing tag, running up and down the stairs running through the ship, the most fun is when you get on the elevator with kids getting off, and every floor button was pressed. I think Carnival should invest in a little security, and inform the parents, they shouldn't let their kids run unsupervised throughout the ship. Having a good attitude towards these things go a long way, but I think next time I am going to go with a ship that doesn't cater to families. No matter the minor complaints, there is plenty of fun to be had.

Carnival Miracle 7/04

Carnival Victory 6/03

Pacific Princess 7/02

Let's be realistic, can Carnival really do anything about the traffic, parking and general facilities they use from the port.

jim

They could leave out of Bayonne NJ - My girlfriend took a cruise out of there and she said it was great, no problems at all. Carnival could also save some money doing this, I think from what I remember reading an article about Royal Caribbean they said with the switch they got an updated modern facility and saved some money.

I sailed on the Miracle in May out of Baltimore. I have nothing bad to say about the ship or crew. The Baccus Dining room is decorated alittle gaudy, but since Baccus was the Roman God of Wine, you will understand the the decor.

Hopefully Big Tex and Karl with a "K" will be there as Asst. CD's. I think that the engines run on there energy!

I loved the ship back in april. My 3 day cruise was WAY too short. Miracle had great food in the main dinningroom and on the lido(lots of choices there-deli sandwiche bar, asian bar, besides the reg. cusine and pizza. There was also a coffee bar at an extra cost. On deck 2 was a dessert, coffee and ice cream bar at extra cost and a sushi bar in the evening (free)

Entertainment was great-many choices of live music in different bars including Frankie and Johnny's our favoritewhich was non-smoking-there they had a great band called Music Unlimited when did nostalgia rock like Beatles and Rolling Stones etc. they were also in the Beatles tribute show which we loved but ofcourse that night they weren't in Frankie and Johnny's a disapointment but then no one can be in 2 places at once can they?

Our embarkation was in Jacksonville which was great although the debarktation was horrible so they had not ironed out all the wrinkles. There were some kids but the ship did not seem over run or anything though they were in all the hot tubs which is supposably not allowed. (Why is that not enforced?)

One thing though I read over and over on most of the cruiseline boards is that at summer the ships are over run with kids. Sadly too, kids aren't disaplined the way we were and they kind of do what they want. Sometimes it does help if you get on to them with an authoritive voice. Especially a man can work wonders with bratty kids just speaking to them. It does not hurt to just say something- especially if you feel they are endangering themselves or others.

We have never cruised in the summer. I have no desire to go somewhere like the caribbean in the summer as it is hot enough for me here at home. My fav. months for cruising is Nov.-Dec. as it is cool here but nice in the caribbean. We never cruised when our daughter was little-could not afford to then so anyway we have never done a summer cruise. We never had to. More and more school districts are going to year round school with 2 and 3 week breaks between quarters-so I am sure we will see this problem more and more.

I've read nothing but good reviews about the Miracle.

Of course, we always vacation off-season, and we're leaving from Baltimore, so we have no NY congestion or masses of children to deal with.

Vacation in October - rates are cheaper, kids are in school and the weather's gorgeous!

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
On deck 2 was a dessert, coffee and ice cream bar at extra cost and a sushi bar in the evening (free)

There is a special sushi bar in the evening?? I'm confused as the Carnival website says "Sushi is served for lunch at the Asian counter in the Lido Restaurant, but not nightly prior to the dinner hours. Applicable ships: Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Legend, Miracle"

So whats the real story?

Archived