Didnt attend past cruiser party, what did I miss?

beach410

We received invitations for the past cruiser party for the day we were in Cozumel. We were too exhausted to make the 5:00 time, which I thought was odd being it was a day at port. Then we received revised invitations for the next day, which I didnt even realize were revised until the next day, thought they were just a reminder for the party. By the time I realized they changed the date to the next day when we were at sea, I had already missed it. Did I miss much?

We received invitations for the past cruiser party for the day we were in Cozumel. We were too exhausted to make the 5:00 time, which I thought was odd being it was a day at port. Then we received revised invitations for the next day, which I didnt even realize were revised until the next day, thought they were just a reminder for the party. By the time I realized they changed the date to the next day when we were at sea, I had already missed it. Did I miss much?

nothing, really. a few free cocktails and apps. brief thank you from crew, a drawing for a cruise, bottle of wine or something else...can't remember b/c i never win, anyway, LOL. but, you shld have rec'd ship lapel pins in your cabin w/ the invite. if you didn't contact guest relations and they will mail them to you.

Free booze and a draw for a bottle of champaign.

A short film on the history of Carnival and a chance to buy 20 free cruise raffle tickets for the price of 10.

that's right...now i remember not a drawing for a cruise, but tckts to enter the raffel at 2fers prices.

On our last cruise, the past guest party was held in the main lounge. Lots of free drinks and appetizers. Just before it is over, they show a movie about Carnival from the first ships up to the present. I love the part when they flash a picture of each ship on the screen and you applaud when they show a picture of a ship you have sailed on in the past. They also hand out the ship pin as you enter and give them your invitation. TG23

On our last cruise, the past guest party was held in the main lounge. Lots of free drinks and appetizers. Just before it is over, they show a movie about Carnival from the first ships up to the present. I love the part when they flash a picture of each ship on the screen and you applaud when they show a picture of a ship you have sailed on in the past. They also hand out the ship pin as you enter and give them your invitation. TG23

i have read this by other posters too, but this has never, ever happened w/ us. the ship lapel pin has always been delivered to our stateroom w/ the invite. it's given to us by our cabin steward.

Beach - I think it's a really nice party. Lasts approx. 45 minutes. The Captain and Cruise Director are in attendance, and the Captain welcomes everyone back to Carnival. There are waiters walking around with cocktails, wine, hors d'oeuvres, or you can go to bar if one is set up in that room and get whatever you like.

The History of Carnival is interesting, and I've seen it many times; it's only about 10 minutes. Drawings for bottles of champagne, combo plays, some folks dance.

Sometimes the ship's lapel pin is delivered w/the invitation, but I've usually been handed mine at the door as I enter the party. I like the PG party, and wouldn't miss it.:) Make an effort to go next time; I think you'd enjoy it.

BTW, I've never seen anyone selling raffle tickets at the PG party.

...BTW, I've never seen anyone selling raffle tickets at the PG party.

it might be new cotton, b/c i don't remember it on previous cruises either, including our july '06 fantasy which wasn't even that long ago, but they did do it on our feb '07 elation sailing. 20 for price of 10 like duck said.

We have also received the pin in our stateroom on earlier cruises but on the last few cruises, they handed us the pins at the door of the PGP. I don't know if each ship does it differently or if they are now going to handing them out at the PGP. As mentioned earlier, if you fail to get a pin, just call guest relations and give them your booking number and they will send the pins. We have also done that in the past. Yes, they did sell raffle tickets on the Glory this past Feb. TG23

Archived