Marseille / Cassis

We will be on a cruise in early July that stops in Marseille, I was looking into things to do there on our own, is there enough to do there for the day....

I was also thinking of possible going to Cassis, it looks very quaint and beautiful, have any of you ever visited there, and if so how did you get there from Marseille, Ferry, Train, Bus???

I would appreciate your help

Thanks

Tony

We went to Cassis in late may 2005 on a cruise with MSC (on Sinfonia, in fact). We did this on a cruise excursion from Marseilles (the actual port of call), and we really enjoyed it.

In fact we would have loved to stay longer. The harbour-side restaurants looked good, and there were boat trips from the harbour (of varying lengths) to the Calanques. But we had to leave.

I don't know if you can get there by train or not - we didn't see any evidence of a station in the town, and behind the town you hit the hills, but there might have been something. But I think the best way to get there back would be by hiring a car.

Just to whet your appetite, here are some pictures I took on that visit:

http://www.*****/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=1917

Archived