Mariner based reality show?

We recently booked the Mariner for Spring Break 2008 and I've been reading member reviews, several of them from earlier this year mentioned that they had been filming a reality show on board during their cruises. It sounds like the filming was annoyingly intrusive and I sympathise with those reviewers.

BUT, I'm also dying to see such a show to get views of the ship! Does anyone know what the name of the show is? What network? When it will air? If it has completed filming?

Thanks!

Don't know if this is the correct one or not. But TV Land has the following in development.

Celebrity Love Cruise – premiere date TBA (series in development) – celebrities look for love on the open seas aboard a cruise ship.

:D

Cathy

I believe the only week they did filming was on the March 4-11. We were on that week and for that week only they brought in the hotel director from another ship to work with filming crew and be in the spot light. The usual hotel director was also on the ship doing his normal duties. Also for that week only they brought in a different CD. At least that was our understanding. We had heard it was for NBC but that was a rumor. And yes the film crew was in the way at times but was never a real problem for us. And for reality who knows we watched them shoot some scenes more than once.

And for reality, who knows we watched them shoot some scenes more than once.

I think most reality shows are like that. I think they are less "real" than they would like you to think :rolleyes: .

You got me curious as to what it is now, Zandile! Have you recovered from your cruise yet? It usually takes us a week to get rested up again ;) .

Thanks for the info!

KruzeRCI, we're working on it, I got totally swamped my first day back at work and DH was struggling with a cough the entire trip but kept soldiering through and not resting enough so we spent part of Easter sunday in the ER as he has now developed pneumonia! He's doing much better now that he has good drugs! I'm definitely hoping that now that we've got our first cruise behind us that we'll be less compelled to do EVERYTHING on the next one and we'll be better about relaxing lol!

DH still has no idea that I've booked the Mariner for next spring break! I have to let some time pass between his digestion of the our sea pass bill :eek: and the concept of paying for another cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

It could be the reality show "Katie (a model) and Peter (singer)" from England, that I just watched with my daughter on TV. http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/katieandpeter/index.jsp They were on a RCCL Voyager class ship. This show was on E and it was really horrible.:rolleyes:

BTW - All they did is complain about the cruise.

Here is the thread that discusses the Mariner cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=523190

It could be the reality show "Katie (a model) and Peter (singer)" from England, that I just watched with my daughter on TV. http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/katieandpeter/index.jsp They were on a RCCL Voyager class ship. This show was on E and it was really horrible.:rolleyes:

BTW - All they did is complain about the cruise.

Here is the thread that discusses the Mariner cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=523190

I glad I'm not the only one who thought it was horrible :eek: Wow, she is something else :confused:

###

Archived