Prince Rupert help!!!

BLONDIE35

help! i still cann't figure out what to do in Prince Rupert! Is there anything that can be booked outside of NCL? I called one place today and they told me that most everything for shore excursions in Prince Rupert is booked through NCL. The ship gets in at 5PM so is there anything to do such as sunset cruises on May 10? is this tooo early for anything?

I don't want to spend a lot of $$$ since there is three other ports in the cruise. Thanks!!!:eek: :eek: :confused: love to hike!

Well, you're only there from 5-10 pm, and the NCL site says: "Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking. Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 1 hour before sailing." So that leaves 2 hours to see Prince Rupert - enough time to walk over to Cow Bay and that's about it because even the wonderful Museum of Northern BC is closed at 5 :(

Murray

We were in Prince Rupert last year. I was very disappointed. You are "right there" when you dock. I agree with previous poster--just walk around Cow Bay. The town is very walkable, but not much to see and do.

Yukon, what is there to do? I'll be there a few weeks later and I've got pretty much a whole day there but I have no idea what to do and as it's a relatively new port, not many people have experiences to share. I'd appreciate any tips you could pass along.

Yukon, what is there to do? I'll be there a few weeks later and I've got pretty much a whole day there but I have no idea what to do and as it's a relatively new port, not many people have experiences to share. I'd appreciate any tips you could pass along.

The article at http://www.explorenorth.com/library/communities/canada/princerupert.html and links that follow should give you enough ideas to keep you busy for a few days - enjoy!

Murray

Archived