Booking Question

bahama_mama

When I booked our cruise on the Glory (booked 7 cabins) I originally recieved the past guest rate for 4 rooms since 4 of us had cruised with Carnival before. With reading these boards I discovered that the cruise that my family had taken on HAL may also count towards a past member rate (included 7 people all together). I called Carnival back and they changed all but 1 room to the past member rate. There was one room that the agent said she would switch people around so all rooms would qualify but it never happened. My question: If I was to find a lower rate or coupon will Carnival accepted the lower rate? I'm a little upset that they won't drop the rate now but they said if they change one person out of the room then the room that is lower would end up being higher since they aren't extending the offer anymore. :confused:

No not really a ship board credit is nice, it can be used for tips and tours and most anything you get on the cruise and what you do not use they give you a check at check out.

Pugs

I have worked for Carnival reservations before, and it sounds like you are taking one passenger out of a cabin and moving them to another cabin correct? Well if that is the case, and they are telling you the current rate would apply since the past guest promo is no longer, I would call back and ask to speak to customer service. When I was there, we would protect these rates since it was the same person on the same sailing. Our rules back then was a cancellation only occurred if a cabin or person was released, and not simultaneously rebooked on the same ship and date. I would call back and speak to customer service. JMO

-Mike

Mikew0805 - Thanks for the info - I'm going to try and call back tonight - I'll let you know what they said.

Caribbean dreams - I know - it really sucks but I couldn't find another couple to go. Believe it or not the rates we got were alot cheaper than what they offered as a group.:)

Archived