size of cabin..?

BLONDIE35

I have seen soo many people refer to AF AG etc etc what are these categories? Is one room bigger than another and if so how much bigger? a few feet or several??? Is the AF/AG a suite or balcony? what makes the suite sooooo much better than a BB balcony??? other than location location? is it that much bigger to pay the extra $$$ how much usally is the upsell form a BB?? I may want to go up in $. :cool: :confused:

thanks!!!

Which ship are you discussing?

AF and AG cabins are usually Mini Suites.

On the Star, Dawn, Jewel, Pride of Hawaii, Pearl, and Gem;

AF and AG cabins are basically the same size, 229 sq. ft. with 54 sq. ft. balcony. They are on Deck 11, with just 4 AG cabins, the last two on the port and starboard side.

Compared to the standard BA, BB, BC, and BD Balcony cabins:

which are basically the same size, 166 sq. ft., with 37 sq. ft. balcony.

Mini Suites are larger, by approximately 30 sq. ft. Considering the cabin is around 8 feet wide, that means the Mini Suite cabins are just 4 feet longer. They also have a full size bath tub vs showers in lesser classification cabins.

Whether Mini Suites are worth it or not depends upon how much you want a cabin 4 feet longer, and upon how much you want a bath over a shower.

That is because 229-166 is not 30 SF but rather 63 SF or an area equal to almost 8'X8'. ;) :)

You're right. I meant to write 60 sq. ft. My math is terrible tonight. So, add another 4 feet, to an 8 feet longer cabin.

Still, I don't think it's worth the extra fare for two passengers, but for three or four passengers, that extra 8 feet comes in handy.

Archived