Any hotels in Tampa that offer both free shuttle service to the airport & the port?

cruiselubbers

Does anyone know of a hotel in the Tampa area that gives free shuttle service to both the Tampa airport & the Port Of Tampa?

I've been trying to come up with a reasonably priced hotel in between the two this way I can fly in the night before & not have to pay a big cab fare! This might be a good one for anyone flying into Tampa to know about! So let's try to help me & others in the future too!

Thanks from all of us who are sooooo needy! lol

:rolleyes:

There are some Hotels close to the Pier, Hilton garden Inn in Ybor City is on the trolly line and there is the Enbasy suites downtown. There is the Marriott downtown with in walking to the pier. Most hotels in the downtown area offer shuttle.

Pugs

There are some Hotels close to the Pier, Hilton garden Inn in Ybor City is on the trolly line and there is the Enbasy suites downtown. There is the Marriott downtown with in walking to the pier. Most hotels in the downtown area offer shuttle.

Pugs

Thanks for the quick repsonse! I'll check into this! It seems like the Holiday Inn on N Dale Mabry does both, but I still have to call! If you find any more please let me know & thanks again!

Blessings,

Sandra :D

Does anyone know of a hotel in the Tampa area that gives free shuttle service to both the Tampa airport & the Port Of Tampa?

I've been trying to come up with a reasonably priced hotel in between the two this way I can fly in the night before & not have to pay a big cab fare! This might be a good one for anyone flying into Tampa to know about! So let's try to help me & others in the future too!

Thanks from all of us who are sooooo needy! lol

:rolleyes:

love the Chase suites.....they have a cruise package where they pick you up at the airport....drive you to the port.....and pick you up after the cruise and take you to the airport. For us we had a late flight so they took us back to the Chase to kill 5 hours by letting us change and use the pool.

They are suites with kitchen and living room w/king bed and sofa sleeper(sleeps 4)...the 2 bed has another bath and king loft overlooking the living room(sleeps 6). We paid $129 for the 2bed/2 bath loft. There is a Bahama Breeze next door so you can just walk over for lunch/dinner.

There are other nice places in the harbor area if you need to be surrounded by more activity/restaurants....but for me this was a deal and a nice way to just relax.....it was about 15 minutes from the airport and we boarded our Chase shuttle at 10 am and were on board the Miracle at 11:15........

A GREAT WAY to start a cruise.....

Chitown Cruisers and the Marvelous Miracle Misfits would like to thank and highly recommend

Chase Suites Hotel Tampa 3075 N. Rocky Point Drive Tampa, Fl 33607 (813)281-5677

our chase photos.... http://travel.webshots.com/photo/253...89406063IgCXuB

the rate also included parking if you know anyone driving in.

We were in Tampa last November and flew in on Saturday for a Monday cruise. We ended up renting a car through National and when you return the car before the cruise, their shuttle (located at the airport) will drive you to the terminal and then when the cruise is over, they are there with another shuttle to pick you up and take you back to the airport for no additional charge.

We stayed at the Doubletree hotel near the airport. They pick you up from the airport, and drive you to the port, free. Well, we tipped the driver.

After the cruise finishes, they'll also pick you up from the port and drive you to airport, free. You can tip the driver again.

Each time on the shuttle bus, the driver would also offer you a cookie (big one each in its own paper bag). On the way from the port to the airport the driver didn't have any cookie, and he kept apologizing.

If you are a Hilton VIP/gold member (for me it came free with the Amex Gold at that time), you can get upgraded to the executive floor that includes continental breakfast.

We stayed at the Chase in Tampa in 2005. We loved it and it was our favorite pre cruise stay to date. There were 8 of us and we got two 2 bedroom suites. My mom and sister drove and were able to park their car at the hotel for the length of the cruise, free of charge.

We especially liked the fact that our post cruise transportation was included even though we did not have a post cruise stay at the hotel.

Hilton-Westshore offered free airport & local shuttle a couple of years ago. $6pp to the pier. Close to International Mall with lots of shopping, food & drinks.

Lots of Tampa info can be found over on the Gulf Coast Departure section of the board.

I second the Chase Suites in Rocky Point, we loved it there, and the shuttles, free breakfast, plus the fact that they are right next to Bahama Breeze is awesome. I'd recommend them in a heartbeat!!

When we stayed there in October, you basically had hotels that were close to the airport that picked you up for free and shuttled you within a 3 mile radius (port is 8 miles from the airport) and then you paid $20.00 to get to the port the next morning.

OR

You paid a taxi $22.00 to get you to the pier area and you could stay at a hotel around the pier and they would take you to the port the next morning for free.

At that time, we did not run across any that would do both.

This is not to say that there are not any, but just make absolutely sure because we did have a hotel agent tell us that the Embassy Suites by the airport would shuttle to the port for free...but they do not.

The hotels by the airport are fine. If you stay at the Hampton Inn in the Ybor District...just remember it can be kinda loud on the weekends since that area is like the New Orleans French Quarter when it comes to partying.

We stayed at the Sailport Resort right on Tampa Bay when we sailed out of Tampa. It is just a couple of miles from the airport and about a 10-15 minute drive to the pier, depending on traffic. I like the door to door service. We purchased their cruise package and it included shuttle service from the airport to the resort, the resort to the pier, and the pier to the airport after our cruise. The package included a condo for one night, which was very nice. I think it was around $119 for the entire package. Seems like the price depends on the time of year you are cruising as well. Easy to find on the web. I would recommend this resort as well, assuming they are still offering the package.

Golly we're getting some great advice going on here! This is the way all our boards should be!

Thanks FRIENDS! Still working on the details here, but I think this post could help out alot of others in the long run!

Thanks again & blessings!

:D

I hate paying over 100 dollars for a bed and a shower in a clean, quiet hotel room. I have found that I can bid for a higher end hotel room and get one for less than 100 dollars. The money saved we can use to get a cab to the port at our convenience. This past January we bid and got a room at the Marriott Airport Hotel for under 100 bucks. We walked up the stairs after getting off the plane and we were there. Great room, and plenty of restaurants in the airport. We were able to get a decent room and transportation to the port all for under 100 bucks.

We've used Priceline as well a few times, with great success. Once, however, we were "awarded" a hotel that had no airport shuttle, no shuttle to port, and no free breakfast. I'd rather pay the additional cost to assure these things are included, rather than wonder if they will be add ons. By the time we paid for cabs and breakfast, we could have booked the hotel of our choice for the same price.

We are cruising out of Tampa in October if you are driving there are a few hotels that will allow you to park for free and take a taxi or walk the ones I found are not expensive hotels to say the least no ritz here.

Days Inn ybor city free parking one mile to peir.

Hampton Inn (not sure about parking may be a small fee) walking distance.

Comfort Inn Confrence center Free parking about a $20.00 taxi ride

Howard Johnson the same hope this helps:)

We stayed at the Sailport Resort right on Tampa Bay when we sailed out of Tampa. It is just a couple of miles from the airport and about a 10-15 minute drive to the pier, depending on traffic. I like the door to door service. We purchased their cruise package and it included shuttle service from the airport to the resort, the resort to the pier, and the pier to the airport after our cruise. The package included a condo for one night, which was very nice. I think it was around $119 for the entire package. Seems like the price depends on the time of year you are cruising as well. Easy to find on the web. I would recommend this resort as well, assuming they are still offering the package.

I stayed at the Sailport in too...I loved it, they picked us up at the airport and took us to the pier.....the driver even stopped at the liquor store for us!

I've read rave reviews on the Holiday Inn on Dale Mabry. However, it was a tiny bit out of our price range for just one night. But with a little research I found a Comfort Inn (with very good guest reviews, which is what I go by more than anything else) that shares the parking lot with Holiday Inn, with the steak house and all, for about half the price. There is no shuttle service, however from what the reviews stated, it's very close to the port and a taxi was about $6. Of course that was before gas was $100 a gallon, but it still shouldn't be all that much. Or maybe you could sneak on the Holiday Inn shuttle :D

Another fan of Chase Suites here! When we cruised the Miracle last March, we stayed there and loved it. At that time, you had to book the "Ship & Shore" package to get the free transport to and from airport and to and from cruise terminal. Here's the website for Chase Suites: http://www.woodfinsuitehotels.com

Have a great cruise! :)

Thanks everyone! I have a feeling this post will help others too!

After much consideration we have decided to:

Fly into Tampa on the morning of the cruise & we arrive at 9:26am.

Fly out of Tampa on the day we come back at 1:10pm.

I think these are both great times & I don't expect any problems. I am thinking even if by some crazy chance we had a delay on the incoming flights of 2 hours we should be fine!

Thanks again for helping your neighbor!

:D

I think if you know information concerning this you should keep posting though & hopefully we can help someone else!

i second that, its a gorgeous place, and the staff is very nice, http://www.sailport.com

Archived