learning on board (classes)

renata102

:confused: I am new to Princess. I have noticed people talking about the programs on board (something like education on the sea). Anyway, I venture to think it includes things like dancing classes, wine tasting, cooking instructions etc... However, that is what I imagine it to be.

So my question to you Princess seasoned cruises, help me out.... Can anyone give me good solid ideas of what is offered? More importantly, what do you remember on your most recent cruise with Princess? Was there a price attached to it? Are they free? Please give me solid examples :) Also if anyone has just gotten off the Crown Princess 9 day cruise, what was planned (classes)?

I am interested to see what is offered.

:confused: I am new to Princess. I have noticed people talking about the programs on board (something like education on the sea). Anyway, I venture to think it includes things like dancing classes, wine tasting, cooking instructions etc... However, that is what I imagine it to be.

So my question to you Princess seasoned cruises, help me out.... Can anyone give me good solid ideas of what is offered? More importantly, what do you remember on your most recent cruise with Princess? Was there a price attached to it? Are they free? Please give me solid examples :) Also if anyone has just gotten off the Crown Princess 9 day cruise, what was planned (classes)?

I am interested to see what is offered.

I think its scholar at sea.

I think its scholar at sea.

This is a link to the Princess website where you can learn more about what is offered.

http://www.princess.com/onboard/activities/scholarship.html

Looks like you are sailing the Crown Princess. This was on web shots. It is a detailed listing of the Scholarship@Sea offerings on the Crown.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2820116950099358073xrFrAu

This is a link to my original search on web shots with links to other documents like the Princess Patters from a voyage on the Crown.

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=crown+princess+patters&new=1&source=chromeheader

Hope that this helps!

When you get the Patters each night you'll be able to see what activities are offered. Besides the scholar@ship program, there's also dance classes (offered by the ship's dancers), arts and crafts classes and many other possibilities for learning, including financial lectures, if you are so disposed. On the Island Princess, there are pottery classes (for a fee).

In my opinion, Princess needs work in this area. I took a digital photography class, and it was worse than awful. The 'instructor' was notified last minute that he had a course to teach and was totally unprepared. He also had speech difficulties. Two other classes we went to were cancelled, not due to lack of interest, but they couldn't get their act together.

Archived