How soon... arrival to the airport?

Sea Island Lady

Sea Island Lady - I checked with the Department of Transportation (State of Hawaii) and they said that checkin time is determined by the airlines. When my husband flies, which is frequent enough, they always say 2 but you would be best served by checking anyway.

Incidentally, the airport is really quite nice with a lovely garden and even a small museum. So there is enough to do for the hours between shopping, restaurants and the things I had mentioned.

I say 2 hours...even here in our tiny Kona airport (unless going interisland and I would still probably make it 1.5 hours). I HATE to have to rush and be worried. Sometimes the searchs take soooo long. Last time I flew from Kona - first you check in and they weigh your luggage and put tags on them, then you take them to another building and put them on a conveyor belt and then stand in the hot sun waiting for the people inside the building to look at all your luggage and then come out and tell you it's okay to go to the gate. Honolulu is more organized than that...but it can still take a long time sometimes.

BTW!! This will be the first time in maybe forever that I have flown WITHOUT worrying about smoking - where, when, time, all that hassle!!

Emi

Archived