Disembarkation Athena or Paris?

acquaboi

I will be disembarking the ship in Athena on September 2 (Sunday) between 9/10am -- The Flight pulls out around 12:10pm for Paris then back to the States. I have done this leg before and believe me it was a nail biting experience not knowing if there was time enough to ride all the way from Port Athena to the International Airport (A full hour! - not much traffic but enough to slow you down.) I made it with about 15 minutes to spare. Is it worth it just to stay an extra day in Athena and then go to Paris? The "departing" stress level really left an bad impression on my overall med cruise in 2006. If so, any ideas of a nice hotel in Athens -- I am looking at Best Western and The Fresh Hotel. Thanks a zill!

Have You Considered Going To Paris And Laying-over There? It Might Reduce The Stress And Everybody Loves Paris. If Your Times Are Too Tight There's More Than A Chance Of Delays. Good Cruising In Any Case, Steve

Why not enjoy a day/night in Athens? If it is not part of your itinerary otherwise, a day in Athens is the perfect amount of time to see the Acropolis, shop and eat in the Plaka, and just relax. I had a brother who lived and worked in Athens, so I have been many times... there's really not much to do in Athens central beyond a day... I can't comment on the hotels, sorry... but since you just never know with Athens traffic, I would hate to chance it.... even with the new highway to the airport they built for the Olympics.

Archived