Car rental in Port of Vancouver

anna4004

We would like to rent a car for the day in Vancouver and return it later in the evening at the airport.

What car rental agencies are at the port? I also read in an older post that the car rental agency will pick you up at the pier and take you to the actual car rental place. Is this still the case?

Thank you.

Hello anna4004...although i do not know which car rental co's are located at the vancouver pier, I do know it is a usual service for the car rental to pick you up and take you to their nearby "office" (for BC anyway). Best to use the internet to search what is best price and chose one with a location in the downtown Vancouver, close to Cruise Terminal.

Good luck and enjoy Vancouver!

We would like to rent a car for the day in Vancouver and return it later in the evening at the airport.

What car rental agencies are at the port? I also read in an older post that the car rental agency will pick you up at the pier and take you to the actual car rental place. Is this still the case?

Thank you.

We pick up at the airport on the day before embarkation and drop off the day of at the pier. The prices are quite reasonable.

Mark

Thanks, SweetP2 and Radiomark. Have already been looking on the internet for car rentals. It seems like there are several locations that service the piers, Canada Place, Hornby St. and downtown locations.

If they have a shuttle, they probably will stop at all the piers where the cruise ships are.

And, the rates do not seem bad renting for one day.

One thing we're kind of excited about is that we will have GPS capability when we're driving around in Vancouver. I have a small portable GPS receiver about the size of a hockey puck that will plug into a cigarette lighter and my laptop. We may actually be able to not get lost in the process. I don't know what it would actually cost to get GPS with your rental, based on a trip I had booked to LAX, it was another $10 or so a day...

Mark

Alamo/National is located at Canada Place and the Airport, and they also have an office near Balyntine Pier.

I am doing the same thing...renting a car after the cruise and returning it to the airport location... I ended up making a 1 minute long distance call to their offices to speak with them directly about arrangements, and then they called me back at home on their "dime".

It was much better to speak with their office directly to find out the logistics of picking up a car upon disembarkation.

Have a great cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived