Coming from East coast, main seating for Hawaii?

We usually do late seating because we eat late anyway here on the East Coast. However, I am thinking with a 5 year old, we should do main (early) seating for Hawaii because of the time difference. I know it will matter more on the sea days, because at Maui and Honolulu we can eat on shore since we dock for two days.

What do you think? Should we grab Main seating for Hawaii?

I would go with what makes you happy. Since you are sailing over to Hawaii the time change will be brought on gradually and you can always grab your child a snack from room service, the buffet, grill, pizza, etc. That way he/she will also be adjusted while you are in Hawaii. If you decide to eat onshore or on the ship your stomachs will be ready to go at the time you like eating. It stays light in Hawaii and the sunsets are beautiful so I'm sure you'll enjoy watching them from wherever you are then you can go to eat at the late seating vs. missing that because you are in the dining room at 6:30.

Archived