How far from Tampa airport to pier

BKAZ

I am wondering how long it takes to get to the airport in Tampa from the pier. I am asking because I am trying to decide what time to book return air. Thanks for any input. Brenda

It's 10 miles from the terminals on Channelside Drive out to the Tampa International Airport. If you are doing this on Saturday, you can make it in about 15-20 minutes. If it's during a weekday, there is no telling how long it could take. If there are no traffic tie-ups, 15-20 minutes. If there happened to be a tie-up on the Interstate heading out to the airport, it could take a long while. Just to play it safe, figure 30 minutes on the outside, unless it's on a weekday, and you are going to make this trip in the mornings. Tampa can be an awfully aggravating place during rush hour.

Ken

Traffic is usually "normal" (whatever that is) around noon. Still, it doesn't take hardly anything to snarl up traffic on the Interstate in Tampa. I've been in 3-4 mile backups, just because people were slowing down to watch a deputy sheriff helping someone change a tire (true story). Things can be unpredictable, but around noon is the clearest part of the day. It starts getting busy again about 2:30PM.

Ken

I remember my cruise in Nov. I flew in a few days early when I took rental car back,trip to port was great. Then on return I went back to airport for car rental trip to airport was fine. After I left airport going opposite way I just came from the port. The traffic was backed up. I think from a small fender bender. But like Ken said people have to slow down and see what the sherriff is doing. Or even in some cases just to check out why a car or truck is sitting on side of road. Always excpect the unexpected.

Debbie

Super Shuttle service is available at the airport and they will take you directly to the pier. Not sure of the price. Check on Google for Super Shuttle and you should be able to find the prices. They are outside of baggage claim. Never used them but I checked on it in LAX and the price was not bad.

Debbie

If Ken or Becky is checking this post he may have more infor on that. b

Archived