HMC Stingray tour

gypsyrose

Has anyone done this? It is listed under the excursion site as 1 hour for $39. Although the price is good, it does not seem like it would be enough time to spend learning about them and everyone having a chance to pet them. My DH does not want to be anywhere near them but I would love to do the excursion if it is a decent one. Thanks for any help...

We did this tour in December (got the excursion tickets as a perk from our TA). There were only 4 of us in the group....me, my husband, my mother-in-law and a friend we were traveling with, so definitely a hands-on, small group experience. The group that was after us was also small. They were getting ready to go in the water as we were getting out. We've been to Stingray Sandbar in Grand Cayman and there were nowhere near as many stingrays at HMC, but the ones that were there came right up to be fed. We snorkeled around the penned area a little bit...not a whole lot to see in the water. The fellow in the water with us was helpful and nice, especially with my mother-in-law who was very nervous. He helped us feed the stingrays. It was a good excursion, not great. I think I might have been somewhat disappointed if I paid the $39, but as a perk it was fine!

Archived