Pre Cruise Hotel Stay at Marriott Waikiki Resort & Spa

marcyjane

We are booked with NCL for a pre cruise stay at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.

Anyone that has stayed at this Marriott recently that can tell me about near by places in walking distance to Dine other than the Hotel's resturants.

Also anything else of interest in walking distant other than the Waikiki Beach itself.

Thanks,

Marcy

Quick question -- did you check on the rates at the Marriott on sites like Expedia, Travelocity, etc.? Our experience in booking our pre-cruise stay in Honolulu was that it was much, much cheaper to book independently, rather than use Princess's pre-cruise options, so it's worth checking out!

As for your questions... I haven't stayed at the Marriott Waikiki, but I can give you two dinner recommendations given to us from a friend of ours who lived in Honolulu for many years. There's the Halekulani Hotel (http://www.halekulani.com), which has a restaurant, Orchid, that serves great food and has spectacular sunset views. Our friend also recommended checking out the Kahala Hotel (formerly the Mandarin Oriental Kahala), for its Plumeria Restaurant.

Hope this helps!

Plenty of shopping, restaurants, beach just outside the Marriott, just take a walk to your right and you'll pass many of these. A ten minute walk to get you to Duke's Canoe Club, Chuck's Steak House (Outrigger), Cheescake Factory, try the Banyan Tree Bar, sunsets (Outside at the Moana Surfrider).

When you arrive at the Marriott, there will be a NCL Rep just inside the door set up at a table to welcome you with a Lei and if you arrive after 3:00 PM she will have your room keys in an envelope.

We sailed the Pride of Aloha, we arrived on Thursday 3 days early also and was told we could check in for the ship Friday, Saturday or Sunday. We checked in Friday late afternoon, no lines, no wait, took 5 minutes (Have all of your cruise doc's and ID's). You can also book a specialty restaurant at the NCL desk for your first night on the ship if you wish.

Luggage is picked up at 8:00 am the day of your cruise in your room, you do not need to be present. The luggage goes directly to the ship, you see it next in your room on the ship. Take your carryon bags with you on the bus.

You receive bus transfers at check in, our bus left at 12:15 PM the day of the cruise, there was also a 12:30 and 1:30 bus, the sooner you check in the earlier bus you get. You will pick up your cruise card at the Pier, there is an express line for the Marriott after you clear security.

<a href=2840956190079335670S500x500Q85.jpg' alt=

Our friend also recommended checking out the Kahala Hotel (formerly the Mandarin Oriental Kahala), for its Plumeria Restaurant.

When the Kahala first opened it was called the Kahala Hilton. At that time it was one of the most beautiful hotels I had ever seen. Although it is older I understand it is still a great hotel.

Quick question -- did you check on the rates at the Marriott on sites like Expedia, Travelocity, etc.? Our experience in booking our pre-cruise stay in Honolulu was that it was much, much cheaper to book independently, rather than use Princess's pre-cruise options, so it's worth checking out!

As for your questions... I haven't stayed at the Marriott Waikiki, but I can give you two dinner recommendations given to us from a friend of ours who lived in Honolulu for many years. There's the Halekulani Hotel (www.halekulani.com), which has a restaurant, Orchid, that serves great food and has spectacular sunset views. Our friend also recommended checking out the Kahala Hotel (formerly the Mandarin Oriental Kahala), for its Plumeria Restaurant.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

I am a member of Marriott Rewards we booked direct with Marriott for Friday Night, and used Marriott Points, didn't have enough points for second night so decided to book Saturday night with NCL for the Service they offered for pre registration at the hotel to board the ship and the fact that they take your luggage direct to the ship right from your hotel room to me was worth the cost.

The cost was only going to be around $10.00 more than if I have booked with Marriott.

Marcy

Archived