Anyone have any thoughts on wearing Jeans

CruisinShips

Its too hot and humid here in Tx to wear jeans if u ask me!:eek: And for the cruise,I like to wear something light, comfortable and loose! Jeans would cause me to pass out in the humidity! Jeans can be worn all winter, frankly, Im sick of them by the time its warmed up. Dont know why anyone would pay $ to take a cruise & and not want dress up for dinner! We really look forward to dressing up for the formal dinner, part of the fun!:D

Its too hot and humid here in Tx to wear jeans if u ask me!:eek: And for the cruise,I like to wear something light, comfortable and loose! Jeans would cause me to pass out in the humidity! Jeans can be worn all winter, frankly, Im sick of them by the time its warmed up. Dont know why anyone would pay $ to take a cruise & and not want dress up for dinner! We really look forward to dressing up for the formal dinner, part of the fun!:D

True...but I have been a ship in the middle of August in Mexico thinking I did not need any type of pants. So I didn't bring any. Little did I know the ship was freezing the whole time.......boy did I wish I brought some:eek:

I remember once upon a time when your "Sunday Best" mean a nice dress for the women and a suit and tie for the men. :) Now women wear slacks to church on Sunday mornings and men wear jeans. To each their own. I'm assuming those who think "Resort Casual" means absolutely no jeans are also the ones who think a suit is required at church. But again, to each their own!

I think what the jeans haters are refering to are those light blue, faux denim jeans with the goofy stitching on the back pockets that are only worn by men over the age of 65 and have to be worn hoisted up half way between the navel and the shoulders with a white belt. I find these detestable too. As well as those god awful elastic waisted pieces of crap masquarading as jeans that women wear. No wonder people hate jeans. They have not been exposed to a genuine, well fitting pair of jeans and sadly, think that all jeans necessarily look horrid. And in the context of their narrow little world, I would have to agree. :D :p

They have not been exposed to a genuine, well fitting pair of jeans and sadly, think that all jeans necessarily look horrid. And in the context of their narrow little world, I would have to agree. :D :p

They should be exposed if infact they do alot of cruiseing. Cause we see alot of nice well fitting jeans on all of our cruises. Maybe that's it. The jeans look so nice that the nay sayers don't think they are jeans LOL!

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/golfknicker-com_1943_2191827

I was going to post the link above as a example of trousers that looked worse than jeans. But, the more I looked at them, the more I liked them. I might get a pair. Would they be appropriate in the DR you think?

Groovy:D But I don't think they are your color:p

I was going to post the link above as a example of trousers that looked worse than jeans. But, the more I looked at them, the more I liked them. I might get a pair. Would they be appropriate in the DR you think?

Oh my gosh I LOVE those!!! Very very cool.

How festive!

(and they have character)

And how lovely they would look with a velvet jacket for formal night.:)

I was taking notes for what I could cut back on next cruise -- and guess what? Didn't wear the jeans or even the jean capris !! Surprised Myself !

It was just too warm! I went for the light, loose, kinda tropical, summer fare ! (with support, of course!)

I guess I am just a person who like to follow the rules so I guess I expect everyone else to follow them as well.

YOU are...so YOU expect everyone...

interesting. Why go on a vacation wherein you are confined to relatively close living quarters for seven days and seven nights with a few thousand others if you are the type who expects others to follow your own behavioral patterns? I mean seriously...what makes you think that others should do as you choose to do?

And half of this thread is about the lack of clarity and varying interpretations of the rules as they are written, enforced, and opined on by Carnival representatives. So you follow your interpretation of the rules, and thus you expect everyone else to follow your interpretation?

YOU are...so YOU expect everyone...

interesting. Why go on a vacation wherein you are confined to relatively close living quarters for seven days and seven nights with a few thousand others if you are the type who expects others to follow your own behavioral patterns? I mean seriously...what makes you think that others should do as you choose to do?

Since when did it become unreasonable to hope that others would follow the rules? I guess I shouldn't go to the mall tomorrow since it's unreasonable for me to think someone would obey the law and not shoot me. :rolleyes:

Since when did it become unreasonable to hope that others would follow the rules? I guess I shouldn't go to the mall tomorrow since it's unreasonable for me to think someone would obey the law and not shoot me. :rolleyes:

Good one! Felony vs. ambiguous and unclearly defined and unenforced policy. Wonderful analogy. Now I get it!!!! :p

Good one! Felony vs. ambiguous and unclearly defined and unenforced policy. Wonderful analogy. Now I get it!!!! :p

Sorry, I stand by my statement. Why is it such a bad thing to expect that other people will follow rules, and to label someone as selfish for thinking so?

Seems very clear if you read. This is straight from the Carnival site. It tells you what they consider formal wear and what they consider resort casual wear.

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Seems very clear if you read. This is straight from the Carnival site. It tells you what they consider formal wear and what they consider resort casual wear.

Is there a dress code for the dining room?spacer.gifDepending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Thanks Kat, didn't see jeans mentioned anywhere. Hmmm.

Enough said.

I believe dockers are considered slacks, not sure about capris, don't look too good in them.:eek:

Hey!!! I bet you look awesome in them!!!! ANyway I say hijack....this topic is boring.

I'm jumping out of another airplane tomorrow!!!!

Archived