Splendour Disembarkation Questions

jvmjr

So I have done the search related to disembarking the ship, self and otherwise. My questions are specific to Splendour. Since we will be driving back to OKC what time is self disembarkation on the Splendour? Is there a way to get an early color even if you are driving and don't want self service? I would think many of the pax drive anyway since is it a short cruise and lots of Texans. What time does breakfast start and where? We leave next week on the last 4 day sailing for Splendour for, well who knows. :confused: Thanks for the help.

If you dock in Galveston on time, and the luggage goes through and gets sorted......you can usually self disembark around 7:30 am. The Windjammer will be open for breakfast at either 6 am or 6:30 am, so you will have time to eat.

Regardless of what "color" tags they give you for disembarkation, you can pick up any color you want in a rack by the Purser's Desk the last night of the cruise.

When we were on Splendour in February, we were the second group to be called and we were in our car, leaving the island by 8:30 a.m.

You are going to LOVE the Splendour!

If you dock in Galveston on time, and the luggage goes through and gets sorted......you can usually self disembark around 7:30 am. The Windjammer will be open for breakfast at either 6 am or 6:30 am, so you will have time to eat.

Regardless of what "color" tags they give you for disembarkation, you can pick up any color you want in a rack by the Purser's Desk the last night of the cruise.

How can you pick up any color of tag you want when each color is specific? They have a program where you can take all your own stuff, don't have anything to declare, i think THAT color gets called first. Then they let people go who are flying out. Then they start with the upper decks and work their way down. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but when I was on Splendour the cabin steward left the tags on my bed with all the papers and instructions you get the night before.

There are "additional" tags of all colors down by the Purser's Desk.

BTW, the self-assist people don't have any tags since they have their own luggage. You are required to sign up for this service prior to departure day.

We are just off the Splendour last week. Great ship and wonderful staff! The way they did it as follows. They were pretty stiff on the rules and some tried to get off when it was not their turn and they were put back on the ship to wait for their turn.

The fastest way off the ship is express. This was scheduled to begin at 7:30, but the ship did not clear customs till almost 8:00, so it was late beginning. This is where you carry your stuff off the ship. What some did was carry on suitcase off the ship and pick up the rest downstairs. Dont know if this will always work. Plenty of families just carried all their stuff off with luggage with wheels. We were in a suite, so we were the second group called. Those with early planes were called first. If you were not on their list as having an early flight, you could not get off. Once that was over, I'm not sure they know what color you are. When we got off, all luggage was outside and waiting.

Dont check any luggage with liquid in it. If so, they will take your luggage and make you come get if from security. On the first day of your trip, you have to stand in line and wait for your turn to open your luggage and let them be sure you didnt bring on alcohol. We had bottled water, and since it was still sealed, they let us keep it. If the bottle was opened, as I saw some, they kept it.

Good luck. Where are you parking? The ones of us that did easy cruise, booked on line ahead of time, were able to board and depart a lot easier than the others. It was $35 booked online ahead of time $40 at the pier. They were friendly and did not have to wait long.

Have a safe trip.

Cathy

There are "additional" tags of all colors down by the Purser's Desk.

BTW, the self-assist people don't have any tags since they have their own luggage. You are required to sign up for this service prior to departure day.

So what keeps someone from getting any color of tag they want, particularly a color that disembarks early, and getting off when they are not supposed to? :confused: What if everyone did that? That seems dishonest to me. Of course, not everyone would do that, and I didn't even know they had extras. Thanks also for clarifying about the self-assist procedure. Of course they don't have tags!:) I was trying to remember what was on that paper but didn't explain it very well! I've been on Splendour twice and both times disembarking went very smoothly, at least from what I could tell!

I am not sure that anything really keeps anyone from getting another color tag. They were on a table close to the desk.

The last time we cruised on the Splendour, we were very late getting into port because of a medical emergency, so I am not sure how disembarkation worked at all. We were "self-assist" and were waiting on Deck 4 until we were given an all clear. That was after 1:00 p.m. I am sure the ones who had put their bags out had quite an afternoon.

Archived