Just returned from the Sensation...

vtgirl

I am going on the Sensation in June and i just made final payment today!!! I am so excited. :D Anyways, what were your favorite parts of this cruise? My cousin is a very finicky eater and i would hate to eat on the Lido deck, every day....was there variety as far as plain, basic foods in the dining room? Also did you visit the Deli? or have room service? I have a million questions....did you enjoy both ports? i was thinking of shopping in lucaya in freeport and laying on the beach and Nassau is still up in the air..........Thanks in advance for the help. I look foward to reading your review

What excursions did you do? My sister and I are doing the glass bottom boat in Freeport and the island highlights tour in Nassau.

How was the 24 hrs in Nassau? Did there seem to be a lively nightlife or did things look like they shut down at 6pm??

In the dining room, they have an alternative menu that has things on it like steak and shrimp cocktail for those who do not care to eat what is on the day's menu. The food was great. We stuck to buffets on the lido deck for breakfast and lunch and went to the dining room for dinners. Although, one night, 8yo dd and I went to the grill/deli because we wanted to stay out at the pool.

We went to the Lucaya area for the day in freeport. I had been reading these boards and decided we would go to the Westin in Lucaya as I had read you could get a day pass to use the facilities. No such thing exisited. We rented chairs for 10 dollars a piece. It was a small beach and was pretty crowded. We only stayed about two hours and taxied back to the boat and hung out by the pool. We walked threw the marketplace in Lucaya and that was a huge mistake as we were harassed endlessly by the people selling souvenirs. T:Dhey physically grabbed us and pulled us in to their booths. In hindsight, because freeport does not have much to offer, I would have booked something through Carnival for that day. Actually, since we were not happy with Freeport, we did book an excursion for Nassau.

Nassau is a totally different story. It is SO beautiful. You can see the amazing Atlantis resort from the port. My husband and I got up early and got off the boat and went exploring through the town and the shops. They have a lot of nice shops, but I did not feel anything was much cheaper. The only difference was no taxes.

We booked the Yellowbird party boat excursion for the afternoon. It was a very reasonably priced excursion (35 per person) and it took us out to black beard's cay beach. The only difference between this excursion and the "Beach Break" excursion is the amount of time on the beach. We were on the beach about 1 1/2 hours. You can rent jet skis, snorkelling equipment, whatever you want there. On the way back, the guys on the Yellowbird put on a bunch of dance cd's and had everyone dancing and having a good time. I had my 67 year old mother in law and 8 year old daughter with me and they really enjoyed it as well.

We were going to go out in Nassau, but we were worn out from all the walking in town and the party boat and pretty much crashed after dinner. My husband did take my mother in law on a horse and buggy ride through Nassau. It was 10 dollars a person and they really enjoyed it.

I have cruised on Norwegian and Celebrity and enjoyed this cruise more!

vtgirl,

Glad to hear that you had a good time. We were on her a few weeks ago. We had a ball.

So sorry to hear that your experience in Lucaya was not good. We did the jeep tour. We drove by that area. Now glad that we did not have the chance to stop there. The jeep tour was fun. I highly reccommend that one.

I think I am going through withdrawl........I'm ready to get back on a cruise ship. Only problem is that I need to save some money to do this. LOL

golf43

Hmmm...Maybe we should add the party boat! :) We didnt book it at first because we thought it would be like the one when we went to Mexico- full of 18yr olds getting drunk.LOL(I can handle the older :rolleyes: drunks better!) But if your mom and little girl got on it, it must be good.

That carriage ride sounds nice!

We loved it and had such a great time. I traveled with my husband, 8yo dd, and 67yo mother in law. I am going to post a review later, but if anyone has any questions, let me know!:D

vtgirl,

We're in Cocoa Beach now following our Glory cruise and the internet connection is rather slow........:rolleyes: While in Freeport I got some nice shots of Sensation that I'll be uploading to webshots when I get home tomorrow evening. Be sure and look them over and see if you're in any of them. I also took a lot of shots in Freeport at Westin so you may be in those too. :o We didn't go expecting much so we weren't disappointed in the Westin. Everyone pretty much left about three hours before sailing time so we had the place to ourselves after that! :)

Archived