Another freestyle question... NCL Star

BLONDIE35

ok, upon reading some boards on freestyle i want to get a few things straight. I know there are a few specail restaurants that charge extra but what I really need to know is.... does the main dining rooms require reservations??? i have noticed on some posts that almost everything requires reservations except of course the buffet! is this true? I cann't decide at 7AM when I will be hungry in the evening. Can I just walk up to the main dining rooms and get a table or do i have to call ahead? if this is the case then freestyle sure isn't freestyle if I have to make a reservation!

I was reading some posts that nearly 10 of the 14 restaurants require reservations! please help!! there is only 2 of us!:confused: :confused: :confused:

the main dining rooms..versailles and aqua do NOT require reservations. if you have a very large party of 8 or more, reservations are requested.

versailles has the big windowns, usually draws the bigger crowd. if they have a line there, go to the aqua. we walked right in to both with our party of 5 to 7. doth dining rooms have the same menu that changes daily.

endless summer (mexican-style)..no fees, reservations usually needed. but for late dining they (sometimes) can handle walk ins.

cagney's and le bistro..surchange and reservations.

all the asian style need reservations and are surcharge. (very popular on our cruise).

buffet and blue lagoon are casual. blue lagoon is like a 24 diner, hamburgers, chili...simple menus items cooked on their own grill.

a trick to the buffet, (we enjoyed it) but one of us would save a table BEFORE we got our food. there's a lot to check out..the buffet has many different areas. one of use would get the drinks and hold a table. don't be afraid to share table with other crusiers. since our party of 7 filled up the table, we had to talk to each other.:eek:

versailles is open for breakfast and lunch, times will be listed in the daily.

buffet will be open for breakfast and lunch. blue lagoon is all the time:) (loved that chili, great hamburgers & fries)

times and places will all be listed every night, in the daily. by the 2nd day you will be an expert. ;) menus are available at the desk next to the purser's desk, great for planning ahead if you need to. for the night's menu, it will be post outside of versailles or aqua.

try the beef wellington if you get a chance or rack of lamb (if they have it)

Here's a list of Star restaurants.

Versailles Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: No

Aqua Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Light Modern Continental

The Soho Room

Cuisine: California, Hawaiian, Asian

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person

Reservations Required: Yes

Ginza Restaurant

Cuisine: Asian (Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki)

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 per person

Le Bistro French Restaurant

Cuisine: French

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person

Cagney's Steakhouse

Cuisine: Steak

Surcharge: Yes, $20 per person

Salsa

Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex Tapas Bar

Market Café/Kids' Cafe

Cuisine: Assorted Buffet, Food Stations, Kid-Sized Buffet

La Trattoria

Cuisine: Casual Italian

Blue Lagoon

Cuisine: Food Court, Grill

ok, upon reading some boards on freestyle i want to get a few things straight. I know there are a few specail restaurants that charge extra but what I really need to know is.... does the main dining rooms require reservations??? i have noticed on some posts that almost everything requires reservations except of course the buffet! is this true? I cann't decide at 7AM when I will be hungry in the evening. Can I just walk up to the main dining rooms and get a table or do i have to call ahead? if this is the case then freestyle sure isn't freestyle if I have to make a reservation!

I was reading some posts that nearly 10 of the 14 restaurants require reservations! please help!! there is only 2 of us!:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have never needed reservation in main dining room when there were just the 2 of us. The wait is usually no more than a few minutes.

Archived