Looking for a Thursday or Friday night Luau in Waikiki area.

Sea Island Lady

We went to Germaine's in June and had a great time. They provide free transportation from Waikiki hotels and the bus ride to there is really fun, especially if you have children with you. The bus driver and your tour guide entertain everyone with jokes and silly sing-alongs. The kids loved it! They are still singing some of the songs. They have a website you can go to to book or you can call them directly to book. If you get the entertainment book for Hawaii, there is a 25% of coupon good on up to four adult admissions. We did the on-line subscription for one month at $3.99 and it saved up $60.00 on the admission price. I hope you have a great time in Hawaii.

Sea Island Lady, we bought the basic package and we did get 3 free alcoholic drinks included for each adult. The kids and adults also got unlimited soda and lemonade. They also give each lady a free fresh flower for in her hair and everyone gets a free shell lei greeting. They also take pictures of the lei greeting right on the ocean shore;a beautiful backdrop as the waves crash on the shore...The pictures (2 of them in a package) are available for $20.00 total. I felt like it was a very good value for the money.

I'll have to do Germaines sometime just to be able to compare all of them. I doubt there are many that have been to them all on Oahu.

I really did enjoy Paradise Cove. They also have ocean front property, shell lei etc, and even an entertainment book coupon.

Since one tourist book will say PC is the best and one will say Germaines, I am willing to bet they are about the same.

Suebee - I haven't! :)

Spleen

Spleen - That's what makes me laugh about the whole topic! I remember seeing such heated discussions about which is best. But then I think about it. How many people do 3 or more luaus on one trip to Hawaii? And if they come back and do another, how many years seperate the memories? How many drinks? And a simple thing like rain, a stomach ache, the fire dancer not having a great performance or a crummy patron next to them can ruin an experience too. Its just such a subjective thing.

I can honestly say that having been to the Hale Koa and Paradise Cove within a year of each other that the Hale Koa's food is just outstanding yet Paradise Cove has superior entertainment hands down. Friends I know who have been to Germaines, PC and PCC have said that the best experience is PCC.

Suebee - it's very much like cruising - it's all subjective and many things go into making the experience for someone. All we can do is give some guidance and hope that the luau gods smile upon whoever's going to the luau. :D

Spleen

I booked our party of 12 through Tom's Barefoot website. The tickets were in the upper $40 range. I have to say that Germaines proved to my family they are full of Aloha and kindness. My brother in law suffered a seizure at the luau and they were the best people. The CEO drove my inlaws to the hospital and the general consideration of our bus driver and tour guide (Cousin Kia) was overwhelming. In our opinion, there is no other luau to go to. The food was good, although long lines for the cocktails and if you wanted to purchase a larger souvenir glass for them.

My brother in law is fine, by the way and he was able to cruise with us the next day on our 10 day NCL Wind cruise.

Sea Island Lady... I'm sorry I didn't see you question sooner. I haven't been on the boards the last few days. We paid $39.75 per adult with the coupon. You'll love the staff....they really are fun and the fun started on the way to there and did not end until we arrived back at our hotel, so I would say it was well worth the money.

Archived