Quebec Car Rental

Thanks Ephraim. I think I'll just go with an organized tour at this point. I thought if I could drive to Isle d' Orleans and Montmoracy Falls on my own, I might be able to take in more of Quebec upon my return. I'll just have to return to see what I've missed.

Regarding Montreal, any suggestions for restaurants near the Novotel hotel?

I've never been there, but one of the best steak houses isn't far, the Queue du Cheval, corner of Mountain and Dorchester (de la Montagne at Rene-Levesque in French). (I usually go to Gibby's in Old Montreal.)

A little further down the street is Baton Rouge, which is like Houston's in the US. Known for their ribs.

On Crescent, just up from St-Catherine street is Weinstein and Gavino's. Reminds me of the Macaroni Grill in the US.

Fancy French food, try Le Mas des Olviers on Bishop below St-Catherine.

There's a Chez Cora on Stanley for breakfast.

If you like Szechuan, the Piment Rouge on Peel, just above Rene-Levesque.

If you like Chinese food, go down to Chinatown and on Clark, just about de la Gauchetiere is a nice place called Maison VIP. Across the street is another good restaurant, but don't go downstairs, go upstairs and ask them for duck 3 ways. They give you a duck soup, peking duck and duck with vegetables. If you want Dim Sum, try Kam Fung on the corner of St-Urbain and Rene-Levesque. It's on a sort of indoor mall, upstairs in the far corner. You likely will need to wait in line, though, since it's very popular.

Bonjour LADodger99,

there are 2 rental agencies (Budget and Hertz) on Côte-du-Palais street, almost at the corner of St-Jean street. It's not very far from the cruise terminal (about 15-20 minutes by foot, 5-10 by taxi)

• 2 years later...

I want to return a rental car in Quebec that we rent in Boston a few days earlier. I'm told Budget accepts no drop offs from the US. Any suggestions of agencies that will do this? Leaving in six days. Help! Thanks!

Archived