Breakfast Question

patman2761

Breakfast is avail in dining room (non assigned seating) with a menu etc., there is also breakfast foods at the buffet, and of course the 24 hour room service has breakfast foods.

I'm not positive on times, someone else can help with that, i'm sure.

They serve breakfast in the dining room if you want a sit down meal. You are seated with other passengers though cause they fill the tables in order as guests arrive.

They also have breakfast on the Lido deck as a buffet. Two buffets, one in front and one in back at Tiffanys (I think that's what it's called)

I *think* I remember seeing an "early risers" breakfast. We never went before 7am.

Coffee and Danish are served at 0600

Breakfast on deck starts at 0700-1030

Late Risers breakfast 1030-12 noon poolside

Open Sitting Breakfast in Dining Room 0800-1000

The above is from the Capers from my Legend cruise last month. No shortage of breakfast options! Be sure to try the danish....they are delish!

Of course you can also order Continental Breakfast options from Room Service also.

I'd like to reccomend the "daily egg special" in the dining room. They come up with some really yummy and creative ways to serve eggs!! I usually love the eggs benedict, too (only avail in the dining room), but on our Freedom cruise they were downright icky. WAY too much mustard, couldn't even eat it, and the yolk was actually this weird blood red/bright orange color. Ewwww.

Hi Patman and welcome to the boards.:) Good replies above.

I'll add that the dining room has (IMO) a much better breakfast than the buffet. The food is delivered to your table fresh from the kitchen, instead of sitting in warming pans on a buffet. There's a good variety of fruits and juices, hot and cold cereals, eggs many ways (I've always gotten perfect Eggs Benedict!), omelettes, pancakes, and breakfast meats, hashbrowns, grits, variety breads and muffins, and one of my favorites - cappuccino and espresso (at no extra charge).

No restrictions on dress code for dining room breakfast and lunch, except no swimming suits or coverups; shoes required of course. Shorts and tees, etc. are fine.

Yeah, Cotton and the rest are correct. You basically have 3 Tiers of breakfast meals if you want. First you can sit down outside on Lido deck chairs and enjoy the cool brisk air, or if its a lil chilly for ya, you can sit down in the buffet area.... Or if you want more elegance, you can go to the Dining Room.

Breakfast was our favorite meal of the day. We didn't have to dress up, although several at our table did the first day.

You could order lots of things. I loved ordering the grapefruit and orange sections, hot chocolate, and a variety of egg breakfasts. My husband loved ordering the oatmeal with brown sugar.

The only thing I didn't like at breakfast was I ordered the salmon. It was quite small and fashioned in a fancy pink tulip kind of way on top of a bagel. I took 1 bite and it tasted like pureed vegetable. I asked the waitress if it was fully cooked, and she replied in a French accent, "I don't think so."

I guess I was expecting baked toasted salmon. But I still had plenty of food to eat for breakfast. I'd say don't miss breakfast. It's really fun to talk with new fellow cruisers too.

Pomcoach

No restrictions on dress code for dining room breakfast and lunch, except no swimming suits or coverups; shoes required of course. Shorts and tees, etc. are fine.

WOW !! I am glad to be reaading this .

So breakfast , we can wear shorts in the Main dining room, how about lunch time , is that also the same or are shorts not oK for lunch time ?

Just curious :confused:

This was just our first cruise on the Sensation, so I'm definitely not the expert. I never noticed lunch being offered in the Dining Rooms, but saw lunch being offered in the Buffet on Lido deck, and of course the Pizza station, or you could order room service. We kind of wondered about that too, because we would have loved to be pampered again in the dining room! Also in the buffet cafeteria room indoors, we saw teens walking back and forth around our tables wearing bikinis and it just felt "not right" and kind of tacky. A cover-up would have been fine or even shorts over the swim suit, but it looked out of place.

I agree the breakfast in the dining room was DELISH! :D

You come as you are (in shorts...not swimsuit...lol). We did the buffet a few times cause we were in a hurry to get off the ship, which was fine as well. SOOOOooo much to choose from. But as far as quality...the DR is top notch and not to be missed, at least to try it.

WOW !! I am glad to be reaading this .

So breakfast , we can wear shorts in the Main dining room, how about lunch time , is that also the same or are shorts not oK for lunch time ?

Just curious :confused:

Carolina - As I said, for b'fast AND lunch, shorts are allowed in the dining room. Glad I could help.:)

Pomcoach - One dining room on the ship is open for b'fast and lunch on sea days, but not on port days. And I totally agree that in the Lido dining area, some type coverup should definitely be worn. Who wants to look at some fat guy's tummy and hairy chest while trying to have a meal? Yucko!:p

They serve breakfast in the dining room if you want a sit down meal. You are seated with other passengers though cause they fill the tables in order as guests arrive.

They also have breakfast on the Lido deck as a buffet. Two buffets, one in front and one in back at Tiffanys (I think that's what it's called)

I *think* I remember seeing an "early risers" breakfast. We never went before 7am.

I know it is a pic of the vacuum cleaners on board..I saw them in the 80's on British navy ships..they make me smile...what is the "hidden meaning"..dont worry, you cant offend me..tx..Lucky

Archived