Gifts and Gear

We've had the cabin decorations which is fun. Sparkling wine and strawberries on arrival - has worked well the last couple of times. We never finish the strawberries though.

I have had the robes sent to us as a gift (the big fluffy ones with the blue chord) from our TA - they are divine! The bag and fanny packs are good quality, we have recieved those from agents also. I don't think I would spend the money on ordering them 'special' though. I also had to use up some work money and ordered slippers - they were not worth it.

I was thinking about ording my son the gift pack with snack for his upcoming cruise with his Dad and step mom in a couple of week. If anyone has seen any of these, it would be interesting to get your feedback.

Cheers

Thru the years we've ordered several of the Gifts and Gear items or have received them as gifts. While it's always nice to have a surprise, the best for me was the RCCL tote bag. I love it and use it for every cruise since I got it. Worst, is the cheese plate. It was stale and you can basically order it for free from room service, so don't waste your money. I thought the room decorations were rather cheesy, but it did make the room festive. Second overall favorite was the romance package that includes the robes and picture frame. As a matter of fact, we ordered this so long ago that I was thinking we might need to order it again to replace the robes since they are getting worn out! Enjoy whatever you order.

My mom sent me a gifts and gear package, and I never received it. She asked me if I liked it when I got back, and I had no idea what she was talking about. They did promptly refund her money though.

Do you know which Package it was?

I've ordered the chocolate covered strawberries for me and my friends on my last couple of cruises. In September, I also ordered flowers for my mom(cruise was a Bday gift for her) and when we opened her door and she saw the flowers....it really started her cruise to a great start.

DH and I purchased the romance package with the champagne, robes, picture frame, etc. for ourselves several years ago and it was very nice. The robes are getting a bit tattered - must be time to celebrate something!

Since then we've ordered flowers for our son which were very well done and lasted the whole week and on another occasion ordered the romance package and they totally blown away. Made my day!

I did it by telephone with the number on the RC website and it was very professionally handled.

Deb

I'm crossing my fingers!! For our upcoming cruise, I've ordered the Romance Package, Wine Package, Flowers, Champagne in our room-----and everything else I could find!!

This will be our LAST trip to Europe! We used to travel to Europe every year, but we are getting a bit older....(Can't tell our ages, but we range from 62-71).

I just figure we may as well "shoot the wad on the last hurrah!!" I'll drink to that!!:D

Now --that doesn't mean we can't still enjoy Alaska, South America, Hawaii, Coastal--Etc., Etc, cruises!!

Thanks to CC for all your valuable information!!-- Love you guys!!:D

Just back from the Rhapsody were I had the room decorated and had flowers sent. No special reason. Everyone enjoyed it. There is even a sign for the outside of the room. My DS's ship board friends all liked the decorations and that they could find the room easy. Never thought of that before.

Flowers were in perfect shape so I left them with a note to the next passengers to enjoy.

Denise

I've ordered the decorations and cake for our anniversary (in 05'), to surprise DH. But I was actually surprised myself, because I forgot about it, had a wonderful anniversary day in Cozumel. Then upon our return had a cabin full of decorations. What a great treat.

For our cruise in May, I ordered the Bon Voyage decorations for our 2 cabins to surprise our boys, I also ordered Flowers, and chocolate covered strawberries for my mom (it's Mother's Day). Then I ordered soda/snack baskets to be delivered to the ship from Just Because of You for my 3 boys and DH. Hopefully they will all love their surprises.

We've had the cabin decorations which is fun. Sparkling wine and strawberries on arrival - has worked well the last couple of times. We never finish the strawberries though.

I have had the robes sent to us as a gift (the big fluffy ones with the blue chord) from our TA - they are divine! The bag and fanny packs are good quality, we have recieved those from agents also. I don't think I would spend the money on ordering them 'special' though. I also had to use up some work money and ordered slippers - they were not worth it.

I was thinking about ording my son the gift pack with snack for his upcoming cruise with his Dad and step mom in a couple of week. If anyone has seen any of these, it would be interesting to get your feedback.

Cheers

We ordered our kids the gift pack with the snacks and they loved it. It was great for snacks (chips, candy...junk food)

Just ordered the decorations on-line, the rep. on the phone took so long trying to find my reservation finally i just gave up and submitted on-line it is so much faster and convenient, and you can get a confirmation by e-mail.

Archived