NCL NEW TO MEXICO? or just the STAR??

Lizzybell

Hi, I am in charge of a family reunion cruise in 11/04-thinking to doing NCL Star to Mexican Rivera. Is NCL new to Mexico?? I know the Star is doing the run starting 09/04 and its 8 days hitting some good ports. Also cked out Princess Diamond(been on Sapphire-lovely!) but only 7 days and no Acapulco. Has anyone done the Mex Rivera with NCL and what was your experience? Princess Mex Riv experience? Also any hints as to best deals on NCL are very much appreciated. Thanks, Liz

Hi! I'll be on the 11/13 sailing to Mexico on the Star - too bad we won't be on the same cruise. I'm really looking forward to it! There is a poster named Karfest who just did the Mex Riv cruise I think on the Princess and did a nice review of the ports (you should be able to find it on the Mexico Ports of Call area) and she is going to be going on the Star to Mexico in the spring next year BECAUSE of the better port visits. Plus she likes the Star and NCL.

I LOVE the Star and NCL!! And the ports that she will be going to. I think NCL stops at Mexican ports from the other side - though I'm not 100 percent on that. But this will be the first year for the Star doing the Mexican Riviera itinerary. By November, they should have most of the port kinks worked out if there are any.

I say go for it...if you do, visit both the Roll Call board and the Ports of Call board, there is a lot of great info there. We are all trying to coordinate Cruise Critic meetings on the Star in Mexico to start a tradition. We have worked out 3 in the afternoon on day 2 (day after embarkation) at the Star Bar and several of us have been in touch with NCL about inviting officers, etc to meet with us.

Emi

[quote name='Lizzybell']Hi, I am in charge of a family reunion cruise in 11/04-thinking to doing NCL Star to Mexican Rivera. Is NCL new to Mexico??

Lizzybell, NCL is certainly not new to Mexico. As the poster above me mentioned NCL is currently offering cruises to the East side of Mexico. NCL, in the past has done both short (3-4 days) and longer (7 days) on the West side of Mexico.
There are also numerous repo cruises that stop in Mexico enroute to/from Alaska each year.

NCL recently posted the shore excursions for the upcoming Mex Riv runs. We are very excited about our upcoming trip. This will be our 3rd Mex Riv cruise but our first cruise on The Star.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to all for your replies. My family has sailed on the Star many times and has always been happy with her. They wanted to try a different ship and since I had just done Alaska on the Sapphire, that was very appealing when they heard and saw all @ her :) & Princess Diamond ittenary. In the end we have decided on the ports and 1 extra day NCL offers is for us, the price being @ the same. Thanks to all on these boards, your questions and answers have been such a help, I cant recommend CC highly enough and the useful info I picked up on these boards made our trip so much easier & more enjoyable! Espically in Alaska and the Sapphire, neither of which we knew nothing about until we did the research on CC. Liz

Archived