Clothing question and Cell phone question

CruisinMama27

My personal opinion is that the khakis should be replaced by dressy slacks. I don't have to deal with this decision as my DH will be wearing a suit. I'm sure you'll get differering opinions on this.

Can't help with the cell phone. We leave ours at home.

My personal opinion is that the khakis should be replaced by dressy slacks. I don't have to deal with this decision as my DH will be wearing a suit. I'm sure you'll get differering opinions on this.

Can't help with the cell phone. We leave ours at home.

I agree with switching up the khaki's with dressy slacks and he should add a tie to that. We have just been to several formal nights on Cruises and my DH is not a suit kind of guy. He likes to look nice but does not like wearing a suit, so we were just wondering if there were some other acceptable ways to dress up for formal night.:)

I was asking a simple question. You're answer to me sounded very snotty!!! Screw you!!!

There was nothing snotty about my response. If Khakis are formalwear where you live, so be it.

It's your cruise, dress as you like.

Yep, still sounds snotty to me. So, lets just agree to disagree.

Sure doesn't sound snotty to me...sounds like good, solid advice. My suggestion would be to read the guidelines that Carnival puts out and go from there. I am not a suit and tie kind of guy, but I just returned from acruise and word a black suit and tie. That is my interpretation of formal. That said, alot of people just do sportcoats. Like the other guy said, if that is formal in your book...knock yourself out and have fun.

The cell phone service depends on your carrier and the ship you are on. We were on Elation and my Verizon didn't work but my MIL's Cingular (Cingular at Sea) did. So she yapped and yapped away...came home to a $495 bill. :eek: I tried to warn her but you know how MIL's listen to their DIL's. ;)

Call your carrier.

The cell phone service depends on your carrier and the ship you are on. We were on Elation and my Verizon didn't work but my MIL's Cingular (Cingular at Sea) did. So she yapped and yapped away...came home to a $495 bill. :eek: I tried to warn her but you know how MIL's listen to their DIL's. ;)

Call your carrier.

OUCH!!! My husband would kill me if I rang up a $495 phone bill.lol

Cingular charges 2.49 a minute. Contact them to have International added to your service . These are the rates onboard the ship. Rates in the various ports might vary. Remember shut off and turn back on the phone after disembarking so as to register that location and time

Is a sport Jacket and Khaki pants suitable for the Captain's party,and for formal night? Also, do you have to pay to use your cell phone while onboard? How much does it cost? Thanks:D

You will find people dressed like they are getting married or going to the prom and you will also find people dressed a lot more casually than that. It really just depends on how you feel like dressing. As for the phone, I have verizon and they said after we left Florida it would be about $2.75 per minute so unless you have plenty of money to spend on your phone bill I'd suggest keeping the talking to a minimum. Although we were in the Eastern Caribbean and I didn't get very good cell phone service. <--- So Yes I did still use my phone and am a little nervous at what my phone bill will be.

The trick is to NOT leave your phone service to "auto-select". The Cellular at Sea, on the ship, will almost always be the strongest signal, so it will pick that. If you select whatever landbased carrier is available (in or close to port), it will likely be cheaper. Out at sea, you dont have much choice. I try to wait til I get to a port to make all but emergency calls.

Call your carrier.

Thanks for the info We have Cingular also I already contacted them to see what they had to say about their international rates and I think they told me it would be like an extra $1.29 a minute but I don't rememeber I will put the international rates one right before we leave. I sure don't want a $495 cell phone bill. We have a family share plan will be able to stay in contact with others on our plan on the ship if necessary. We don't plan to abuse our cells we just want to be able to stay in contact for emergency reasons. Anyway thanks for posting your info....

I agree with switching up the khaki's with dressy slacks and he should add a tie to that. We have just been to several formal nights on Cruises and my DH is not a suit kind of guy. He likes to look nice but does not like wearing a suit, so we were just wondering if there were some other acceptable ways to dress up for formal night.:)

I think a Nehru jacket and a nice pair of textured polyester bell bottoms would look super!!!!

Just a thought.

BnB

Archived