International Waters

afdds

Hi,

Quick question. I will be using Verizon and my cell phone for the first time instead of renting a satallite phone for our cruise April 29th on the Legend. I called Verizon and the rate on board in international waters is $2.49. When in port at Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya the rate is much cheaper. Don't know anything about where "international waters" starts. If we just hug the coast line are you in "international waters" ?

Hi,

Quick question. I will be using Verizon and my cell phone for the first time instead of renting a satallite phone for our cruise April 29th on the Legend. I called Verizon and the rate on board in international waters is $2.49. When in port at Cozumel, Belize, Grand Cayman and Costa Maya the rate is much cheaper. Don't know anything about where "international waters" starts. If we just hug the coast line are you in "international waters" ?

In this case its probably much easier to look at it as cellphone calls made on the ship vs calls made when you are physically off the ship.

The Verizon on your phone should change to cellular at sea when you are using the ships tower and then change to what ever the service is in the port you are at. At least that what mine did last week. Oh and when it changes in the port you may have to go out on deck to get a signal when out at sea you will get a signal all over the ship even on the bottom decks.

Archived