Carnival Pride

cpbodnar

Hi Everyone!

We are thinking of booking on the Pride for a July cruise to Mexico. We have only sailed on NCL in the past and were pleased. We were very lucky to have excellent cabins and good kid programs. If anyone has any info./pictures of the kids program/pools/kids areas on the Carnival Pride, your help would be most appreciated. Also if anyone has any other useful tidbits of info. on this ship and/or cruising with carnival, they would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone!

We are thinking of booking on the Pride for a July cruise to Mexico. We have only sailed on NCL in the past and were pleased. We were very lucky to have excellent cabins and good kid programs. If anyone has any info./pictures of the kids program/pools/kids areas on the Carnival Pride, your help would be most appreciated. Also if anyone has any other useful tidbits of info. on this ship and/or cruising with carnival, they would be greatly appreciated.

Hi...we don't cruise with the kids...so I can't help you there....but I do have reviews and pictures of the Pride...look in my signature for the link....if you have any more questions after exploring the site feel free to email me. My address is on the site. I LOVED the Pride and I'm sure you will too!!! Do be prepared for it to be very hot and humid in the ports that time of the year though....I would opt for cool, cotton clothing and excursions where you get wet! :D

Ive sailed Carnival, RCCL, and Celebrity, but not NCL. We dont have kids, but usually do Carnival for family vacations with kids that are 12-16 YO. Our 13 YO cousin stayed in our cabin on the Destiny and we almost never saw him. Each day they gave him a kids only list of things to do for the next day, so that parents can know the schedule before hand. The kids have always had an incredible time on Carnival (I think they had more fun than I did as a kid going to Disney). We are going on the Pride this May (no kids this time) and it will be our first time on Mexico's west coast. Carnival has always been fun for everyone we travelled with. Have fun wherever you end up!

We will be sailing on the Pride this July also. Two parents, the 4 kids and their spouses, and the 7 grandkids. This is our third summer family cruise and we choose it because it was different than the carribean and most of the family had never been to California. We have loved Carnival and have heard great things about the Pride so that's why we choose this ship/itinerary.

The kids range in age from 10-19 and they use Camp Carnival on a, "this activity looks good" basis. We have never put anyone in camp for an extended time so I cannot answer questions about that. The kids have each other so do not need that interaction from other passengers.

We know it will be hot and humid, but when you have to travel in the summer because of school, that's what you get.

We are doing the zipline in PV(swimming after), private surfing lessons in Mazatlan and Snuba in Cabo. All water activities to keep us cool!:D

I think it will be a good choice...we are looking forward to some R&R and might not even get off the ship at the ports. We've done the Mexican Riviera twice on NCL and have been to Mexico a number of times. We just want family time, "sun and sand" time, and pool time. Our boys are 6 and 3, so pool, kids activities and beach time are going to be top things for our vacation. We are looking at a cat. 11 suite, so I hope that will be roomy enough for us for the week.

Hi Everyone!

Email me at wennfred@cox.net and I will send you a very nice detailed review with all of the info you need for embarkation etc.

Fred

I have sailed on the Pride about 5 times with the Family and have been on the sister ship "Spirit" a couple times. Kids had a wonderful time, no complaints. We were with Carnival Vacation Club which made embarkation seemless. Now we are sailing for the first time as "Platinum" members in October, so we will compare the difference.

The Pride is a nice ship, possibly showing small signs of its few years now, but still a wonderful sail. The kids program was fun for the kids but now they know the ship so well, we let them do their thing a bit more..(take along radios with you).

Shows on the pride are done pretty well...we dont do those much any longer but we do enjoy them occasionally.

Best secret...shhh....at night on the southward journey...(night 2 or 3)..go to the deck where the spa is...walk along the outside of the ship where the glass panels are..there is a door in the glass panels on each side (port and starboard) that you can walk through..takes you to a front observation area right above the bridge...open sea, the most amazing view of the ocean at night, nothing but moonlight and a quiet light breeze...I spent HOURS out there alone... Dont try it on the trip back though! Winds are VERY Strong! :)

In short, I like the Pride and the Spirit. Both are good ships and great for families. We dont do excursions any more..especially on that trip...we have done it 5 times on the Pride and several times on the Elation prior to the Pride's LA intro... We are pretty comfortable just walking around in the ports but i can give suggestions if you like!

Jim

We sailed on the Pride during the last week in February taking 2 of our sons, 11 & 13 and our daughter, 18. Each evening we would go over the activities for the next day and highlight which ones they were going to attend. They stayed in a separate cabin 8 doors down with their sister.

They did about half of the activities; they thought it was pretty fun but not fabulous. It was just enough to keep them busy; the rest of the time they spent at the water slide or at the pool with me or in their room watching Pirates of the Carribean or EATING! We did bring radios but did not use them; I will in June though. There were a couple of times I didn't know where they were and I was not happy jamming thru the corridors of that ship praying under my breath that they were safe. :)

All in all, we had a blast; we are returning again June 24, this time with all three boys, celebrating my oldest son's graduation from Police Academy. :D

RockerWife

Archived