Geoff's Caye or Horseshoe Snorkling through Carnival with small child ...

TeeBuccs

Have anyone done either of these excursions with Carnival while in Belieze? My sister will be traveling with her 4 yo son and noticed on Carnival's website that children are allowed on these excursions. Is it safe or a good experience? If you could share your thoughts, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know anything about "Horseshoe", but we did Goff's Caye. Don't remember any kids on the snorkeling-from-the-boat portion, but there were some kids on the island [don't think they were snorkeling]. The snorkel from the boat was fairly strenuous and I wouldn't think a 4-year-old could do it, unless he is experienced and a good swimmer. The island portion would be OK for a child, I would think, since it's very shallow quite a ways out. There are guides for both, but we didn't go with them from shore, so I don't know how deep/difficult that part was.

It's a beautiful place - but VERY small and no facilities, except for a barge that they have parked there. Not a lot of shade, either.

Archived