transportation from cruiseport to FLL airport?

Liv2kruz

Anyone have a suggestion for the best form of transportation method to take when getting back to the FLL airport when the ship comes back to port? We have a free shuttle service from our hotel that will get us to the cruise port the day we leave, but no arrangements to get back to the airport. Does anyone know what it might cost us to take a taxi from the cruise port to the FLL airport? And, are taxi's readily available? Or, is there a better method of getting from point A to point B in all the madness there at the port terminals? We leave Apr. 21st....any suggestions:confused:

Anyone have a suggestion for the best form of transportation method to take when getting back to the FLL airport when the ship comes back to port? We have a free shuttle service from our hotel that will get us to the cruise port the day we leave, but no arrangements to get back to the airport. Does anyone know what it might cost us to take a taxi from the cruise port to the FLL airport? And, are taxi's readily available? Or, is there a better method of getting from point A to point B in all the madness there at the port terminals? We leave Apr. 21st....any suggestions:confused:

From Port Everglades to FLL is a 3 mile trip...taxi rates are $12-15..they will be lined up and waiting.

Is that $12-15 per person, or total? There will only be the 2 of us.

Do you think that I would be better off just grabbing a taxi, I mean are they readily available no matter what time you get off the ship? Just want to make sure we get to the airport on time, and not be wasting time waiting to catch a ride.

ps. what part of Ohio? I'm from the dayton area (West Carrollton to be exact)

$15 total, per cab. Very easy ride to the airport. The worst part about the FLL port is the number of ships that can dock on any given morning, it's a busy port = tons of people. There have been times when it was incredibly easy for us to grab a cab, and others where we've practically had to knock them over the head to stop for us. Even so, cabbing it is the easiest and most convenient way. It's even harder to find one specific shuttle that you've reserved, UNLESS you've set up a very specific meeting place ahead of time.

Have fun on your cruise!!!

The taxi is the best way to go and if it were me I would opt for a taxi from the hotel to the port. The problem with the free shuttle service is that their are too many guests trying to use it. The last time we tried it became such a hassle we called a taxi and other people were trying to hijack the cab when it came. Just my thoughts.

The hotel we stayed at in Tampa provided shuttle service to the port, starting at 11:00, and you had to sign up for it, first come, first served. We usually head to the port earlier than 11. We were going to grab a cab, went outside of the hotel to try to get a taxi, saw the hotel shuttle guy there and asked if he would bring us to the port "now", before the 11:00 departure time. He said sure, as he was just standing around doing nothing anyhow, so we were on our way around 10am. We tipped him well, about what it would have cost us to get a taxi. Point being, if you see the shuttle guy doing nothing, ask him directly to take you. :)

Archived