Arcadia - dress code questions..

zoomjones

OK, we're on the Arcadia 5th May for Medley. Its out first cruise.

We've done some research and we're reckoning on 4 formal nights, 4 informal nights and 6 casual nights. Is this roughly correct?

No problems with the formal nights, that's easy DJ is ready to go.

Informal, again a suitable suit, shirt and tie will be packed.

but.....

for casual nights are jeans allowed? I mean they'd be smart, with a shirt, shoes and a casual jacket but is this ok for a casual evening?

OK, we're on the Arcadia 5th May for Medley. Its out first cruise.

We've done some research and we're reckoning on 4 formal nights, 4 informal nights and 6 casual nights. Is this roughly correct?

No problems with the formal nights, that's easy DJ is ready to go.

Informal, again a suitable suit, shirt and tie will be packed.

but.....

for casual nights are jeans allowed? I mean they'd be smart, with a shirt, shoes and a casual jacket but is this ok for a casual evening?

Hi zoomjones,

The short answer is no.

There has long been a debate on here, CC(P&O) and on other boards about Jeans. P&O request no jeans and this is upheld by 99.9% of cruisers. I have been on 8 cruises with P&O and I have seen jeans worn less than 10 times. So you may feel out of place.

If you went on ships out of the US I understand that jeans are worn more oftain.

Of course they are fine during the day although the places cruises go to tend to be hot and therefore less suitable for wearing jeans anyway.

:):)Happy cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I agree with Dai. We had our first cruise on Arcadia last May (photos on my photosite : www.sveale.photosite.com). No jeans in the evening I'm afraid.

My hubbie wore for example, black trousers with a smart black shirt with fine silver stripes thru and a nice leather belt -black with silver flat buckle. No jackets needed for smart casual night. So basically trousers and smart short or long sleeved shirt is fine.

As I have read before, smart casual is what you would wear to a nice restaurant here in England !"

Sue

but.....

Sorry Zoomjones, but in my book "smart" and "jeans" justaposed is a perfect example of oxymoron!

David

Whereas our experience on casual night on the Arcadia was just that.....people wore casual clothes and smart jeans were worn by lots of people.

We saw people in the main dining room wearing jeans on casual night too.

No one was turned away or made a fuss...

Lots of men looked great with jeans, shirt and jacket......I am sure you'll be fine......:) Hope this helps!

Take them with you and then after the first casual night make your own mind up....Have a super cruise

Archived