Trafalgar Falls

Two Brits

Hi I have a couple of questiosn about getting a Taxi to Trafalgar Falls,is it easy from the port and about how much? We are hoping to do a snorkeling trip with ALDive and W.A.T.E.R (as per review earlier) in the morning, go back to the ship, then head off again. Also is there an entrance fee and a view point at the Falls?

Many Thanks

We took a cab to the falls, and I believe it was around $15 a person. (this was in March) There were 5 of us, so I don't know if it would make a difference for a smaller group. We went with a man named Randle James, who we found at the dock. We just waded through all the drivers until we found a price that suited us. Most of them wanted to give you an island tour, but we just wanted to go to the falls because some in our group were going to Champagne Bay snorkeling in the afternoon. He was very nice, and waited for us at the Falls until we were finished. The viewing platform is nice, but if you want to try to go farther, be sure to wear good shoes!

• 1 month later...

We went to falls with Reyno of Reynotours@hotmail.com (ofcourse he took us many other places too).It was an awesome day and I know he also takes ppl to snorkle after his tour if your interested.

Its a beautiful place...so peaceful! Enjoy your day in Dominica! Dot

• 1 month later...

I want my fellow cruisers to clarify the cost of taxi cab to Trafalgar falls, I read a quote of $15 per person. It is only 5 miles trip, for four it would be $45 which is high since from the airport which is one and a half hour away the cab is around $18 per person.

Also if that is the case I recommend looking into the official buses which is every 20 minutes and it cost EC 2.75 which is around $1, what I am not sure is where the stop is in Roseau. I have read in the Botanical Garden (how far is it from the cruise terminal?) and others mentioned at the Astaphan supermarket which is in King George Street. which one is correct?

Please those who knows help clarify those issues

We took a cab to the falls, and I believe it was around $15 a person. (this was in March) There were 5 of us, so I don't know if it would make a difference for a smaller group. We went with a man named Randle James, who we found at the dock. We just waded through all the drivers until we found a price that suited us. Most of them wanted to give you an island tour, but we just wanted to go to the falls because some in our group were going to Champagne Bay snorkeling in the afternoon. He was very nice, and waited for us at the Falls until we were finished. The viewing platform is nice, but if you want to try to go farther, be sure to wear good shoes!

Did you pay $15 for round trip plus the waiting time? if so the price is reasonable. I want to go to Papillote retreat which is right there at Trafalgar falls and I wonder if you know how much it is the taxi cost just to get there since I want to stay some four hours and therefore I don't want the taxi to wait for me

Thanks

Yes, that was the round trip cost - our driver told us to take all the time we wanted at the falls. I have no idea how much it would be for one way - perhaps you could pay a round trip price and arrange for your driver to pick you up at a certain time.

Yes, that was the round trip cost - our driver told us to take all the time we wanted at the falls. I have no idea how much it would be for one way - perhaps you could pay a round trip price and arrange for your driver to pick you up at a certain time.

That price is reasonable then. It is round trip and waiting time. I had a quote by a taxi company for $20 one way for the three of us and I will be dropped at Papillote retreat where I am staying for probably 4 hours including going again to Trafalgar falls. Later I plan to either take the bus right there back to Roseau or call them again to bring us back for another $20. That sounds about right. Thanks for your information, I appreciate the help.

I want to recommend Papillote for those still undecided but have done most of the highlights of Dominica. Papillote allow you to enjoy the magnificent garden for around $4 per person and if you want to enjoy the hotbath then another $4. The restaurant is there to try local cuisine and Trafalgar is there to complete the half day.

Thanks again, have you taken the bus in Dominica?

Archived