Tip Camp Carnival Counselors?

vesw01

There is actually no suggested amount to tip. This leaves you open and wondering. All I can do is tell you what I have tipped for my one child. When she was under two and only used paid babysitting I tipped $20 for a 7 day cruise. When she hit two and used the full service I tipped $40 for a 7 day and $25 for a 5 day. I would not neccessarily double this for 2 children but would increase it but it really depends on how much you use the service and how pleased you are.

I know others here have tipped and will also jump in and give suggestions.

From Carnival's Website:

Is there babysitting on board?spacer.gifBabysitting is available every evening from 10:00pm to 3:00am in the children's playroom for children 4 months of age to 11 years of age.

Babysitting is not available during Camp Carnival's scheduled activities, which run from approximately 9:00am to 10:00pm daily.

In addition to the evening babysitting, for infants under the age of 2, babysitting is available on port day mornings from 8:00am to 12:00 noon; if the ship arrives later in the day, babysitting is available in the afternoon until 6:00pm.

Babysitting is done on an advance sign-up basis with the Youth Staff. This is done to ensure that enough staff are scheduled to provide this service.

All babysitting is done in the children's playroom, with a "slumber party" type atmosphere. Movies and cartoons are shown. Pillows, blankets, and cribs are provided.

It is against company policy to provide babysitting in the guest's stateroom.

Babysitting is provided for children 11 years of age and younger. It is not mandatory for infants or toddlers to be potty-trained in order to avail themselves of the babysitting services. Parents must provide the youth counselors with diapers and toiletries to be used for their child.

Babysitting fees are due upon pick-up and paid directly to the Youth Staff on duty. Payment must be made with the Sail and Sign Card; cash is not an acceptable form of payment.

$6.00 per hour for the first child in the family

$4.00 per hour for each additional child in the same immediate family

Camp also offers port day activities (camp time) for children over two at no charge. We sometimes use this for an hour or two to shop or when we went to Belize and didn't want to take DD into port.

Just another quick note that you will find under FAQ, Carnival has a children's dining with camp for dinner that many don't seem to know about. My daughter loves this as she did better in the dining room as a baby and toddler than as a four year old. She'd rather eat with other kids and quicker.

If you can break away from the all the fun you are having while the Camp Carnival counselors take care of your two children for you... go to Camp Carnival and look for the Big Chicken toy...squeeze it and it says "CHEEP, CHEEP, CHEEP!!...it's hilarious!! and fun for the whole family!!...worth the trip!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I posted my answer on another site, but FYI, gave $30 total for the week, specifically to three of the camp staff that I saw with the kids the whole week. Camp carnival is so great for the kids, they enjoy it, they get out of your hair, they can eat dinner 5 of 7 nites with the camp, they have planned activities for them all week, and those counselors that put up with our kids deserve a tip!

Archived