A little info on fishing in Belize....

laginog

We just got back and my Brother-in-law did one of the fishing excursions through Royal Caribbean . He did catch a couple of snook & one small tarpon (the other guys weren't even as lucky as he was!!) but....the guide told him that the best time to fish for snook and tarpon is from October through February. Just in case someone is considering a fishing excursion there.

Jut back from NCL Sun. Took ship excursion. My husband caught 4 very small fish. The equipment on our trip was not very good. Hooks were very dull. We saw larger fish snorkeling in Cozumel. It was $89 per person. I would stick to bone fishing this time of year.

We went last March (2006), there were 3 very tiny fish caught, and NO refreshments (story was they were not delivered). Was 30 minutes late picking us up (and he could have stopped at the store before he came!!), because he came back on time. No refund of course. So, out in the hot sun with no drinks or water.

Never again.

We are considering a deep sea fishing excursion on our trip in July. Would it be worth it? Also, can you give me the names of the companies that you all had a terrible excperience with so I know who to avoid? My daughter has always wanted to go deep see fishing and this is what she wants to do there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks! :)

Archived