Pleasant Travel Tours in Italy - anyone use them?

Hi Dave -

We used his this past September. He was fantastic. He is so passionate about this area. His English is wonderful and he is such a gentleman. He was waiting at the ship when we got off. We got to see so much - Sorrento, Positano, Ravello, Amalfi and Pompeii. He took us to this amazing place for lunch - we sat outside on top of a cliff overlooking the Med and the food was fantastic. We went to a winery and bought wine, limoncello and olive oil there to bring home - of course we got to try everything before we bought it!

I found him through a recommendation on this board - he was considerable less expensive than a lot of the other drivers but I cannot imagine that any of them would be better than Mario.

Good luck

Lynn

• 3 months later...
We have a tour booked with him this July out of Naples. The reviews I read were all positive. Book early though we contacted him in January already...

Hello

How was the tour with Pleasant Travel? I emailed him and he has offered a good rate for two days (one in Rome and the next day in Amalfi).

Thanks

Lane40

Hi Lane40,

You can't go wrong with Mariano. He lives near Sorrento on land that has been in his family for several generations, He knows and loves his country. He is also a real gentleman and a great guide.

We went with him in 2003 and will go with him again next spring. We reccommend him highly.

John & Betty

Archived