Body Glove Snorkel Gear from Sam's Club

trctjs

Is it okay quality. I bought 2 sets yesterday for dh and I. They were only $39 per set....and it says it's a dry snorkel. We are planning to snorkel in Grand Cayman.....and then possibly just head out to snorkel if we have time places so I'd rather have my own stuff rather than renting it. We rarely vacation as we have a 3 year old and a 1 year old....so they won't get used all that often.

Anyone have input on these?

Thanks!

Tracy

It should be fine for snorkeling, The masks that come in those packages are designed to fit 90% of the population.

Dont forget to clean the mask with non gel toothpaste, you have to do this to get the oils from the manufacturing process off the lenses otherwise you will never be able to keep it from foging up on you.

Hi,

Just as another suggestion (the toothpaste thing is really necessary for an new mask), go to a local pool (school, rec. center, etc) and check them out before you go. I recommended this to my brother-in-law before we went on our last cruise. He didn't do it and when we got to that perfect Caribbean beach, his mask leaked on the side of his face to the point where he had to abort the snorkel trip and missed out on a great time. If your mask doesn't hold up when you get to the shore you either have to rent yucky equipment (which wasn't available to us) or not snorkel. Either justifies a 1/2 hour in the pool (and you can have fun swimming around an getting used to the new equipment besides practicing those "duck dives" to get down to see those neat things on the reef).

Randall

Is it okay quality. I bought 2 sets yesterday for dh and I. They were only $39 per set....and it says it's a dry snorkel. We are planning to snorkel in Grand Cayman.....and then possibly just head out to snorkel if we have time places so I'd rather have my own stuff rather than renting it. We rarely vacation as we have a 3 year old and a 1 year old....so they won't get used all that often.

Anyone have input on these?

Thanks!

Tracy

My DH and I just bought the same sets. We tried them out in a pool and they work great ! Best deal I've found.:)

got mine at sams club-just used them in Cayman, Costa Maya, and Roatan. had some problems with leakage becuase my hair kept getting caught behing the strap-but expelling water through the mask got rid of it 99% of the time. dry snorkel worked great-I kept going under to touch the fish (never did catch any) and it worked every time. Fins gave me a blister but only after using them for 3 hours strait-booties would have solved that. In all, glad I didnt spend $70 at Dicks or way more at a scuba shop

I have purchased a BodyGlove set from Costco. After that bought a new (also BodyGlove) set from someone who bought it originally from Sam's club.

Even though both sets are by BodyGlove, the set from Costco is just a few dollars more, and looked more durable, especially the fins, and the carrying bag.

We used both on vacation in the last two years. I still like to set from Costco better. But for snorkeling, both would be fine. (I'm a diver, and I spent a little more for the mask and fins.)

Just saw the Sams set over the weekend and will be picking a set up for DH and I as well. Thanks for posting, we are on a tight budget so I feel better about spending the money on this now.

Have a great cruise!

Archived