Private Island Beach Break in Belize

Solomom

I am thinking of taking the private island beach break tour with Carnival in Belize. I was wondering what facilities are available at the beach? Can you return via tender to the ship at any time? How much did this tour cost? Any problem with sand fleas?

Solomom

This is a copy of a review I posted on the Ports of Call under Belize. You might want to check that out for other comments. Never had a problem with sand fleas and never heard of anyone who did. The problem in Belize is the bot fly and mosquitos, but that is usually early in the morning and after sunset. You cannot return to ship whenever you want. It isn't really a tender boat--much nicer. They will give you a time that your group will return. Some people in our group stayed longer and traded with people who wanted to go back earlier. I think there are only 2 or 3 times. Depends on how many people they take out there. Think the cost was $45 per person.

"You board the boat to the island directly from the cruise ship. This saves a lot of time by not tendering in and changing again. The boat ride to the island was 10-15 minutes. There is a wooden pier to disembark at the island. There are basically two sections to the beach. Sort of an L shape. one part faces the area that is roped off for swimming and water activities. There is also a woden pier out into the water you can walk out on. The other part faces deeper water and you don't swim there, but you can bring the kayaks from the other part around there. There is a bar and you will get one complimentary drink --rum punch was very good. You can purchase other drinks there and there are waiters who will come by on the beach. There are a few gift shops and a place to eat. There was a large grill set up on the beach and I know they had hot dogs and hamburgers. Didn't eat, but heard it was good. There are also CLEAN bathrooms and changing areas. Nothing like the bathrooms on the Altun Ha tour--I remember those well! We were on the first tender and left ship around 9. The advantage of that is if you want a seat in the shade, those can get limited. However, there are plenty of lounge chairs for everyone. We sat under a palm tree and loved it. The beach is very white, and because it was man made it is packed pretty hard and easy to walk on. I think we were there for 4 hours, but our ship left Belize at a crazy time--maybe back on board by 3:30! There were people who got of our island boat and directly onto a ship tender to go into port to shop. OH, the boats to the island are charted locally and are not the ship tenders, they are bigger and much nicer. There is also a playground area for kids with lots of equipment."

We just did this on NCL Pearl last week. It is called Bannister Island. It was alot of fun.Nice lounge chairs and floats. On NCL it was only 39.00 p.p. It included the boat (RT)and one free punch drink. It was hot so bring bottled water from the ship.No sand flea bites on us. We were there about 4 hours. Have fun!

Archived