carry on all luggage

peanutgirl

My PVP said i could carry on all my luggage on the Triumph for March 2008. I could not on the Glory this past march or the Triumph 2 years ago. Is she correct or mixed up?

You could always carry on your luggage, as long as it fit through the opening of the x-ray machine. Many people do it.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Baggage_Information__Embarkation_Debarkation.aspx

Since the delivery of checked bags may take some time to reach your stateroom, you may elect to bring your own bags on board if they do not exceed 24''w x 16''h (there is no restriction on the length of the bag). Additionally, we highly recommend that guests personally carry any boarding documentation (passports, visas, I.D.), valuables, medications, and items which require special handling on and off the vessel. This advantage will ensure prompt and easy access to your baggage. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on baggage.

Imagine the security scanners at the airport. As long as your "luggage" can fit through that...you can carry it on. Anything larger than that must be checked.

However, getting OFF the ship is an entirely different story. The self assist option is where cruisers carry all their luggage (regardless of size) off themselves.

Another thought - IF it all fits through the opening, you'll have to do something with it afterwards, and your cabin may not be ready to leave it there. If the steward is in the area, he may let you put them in the closet of your cabin....but if not, you'll be dragging them around the ship with you. Any reason you don't want to check the luggage?

Archived