Carnival compared to NCL

JOANN226

I just got off last week. I wrote a longer review in this forum. The ship was beautiful, food was ok, shows were very good. Too many lines though. Buffet gets very crowded at meal time. St. Thomas was great, Tortola was too short but was beautiful and San Juan was a waste of time. In my opinion almost three sea days each way is too long. I know some people love sea days but for me 1 each way is enough.

Very similar in quality . Carnival attracts a more family crowd, though I would imagine the Dawn does as well with it's itinerary. Carnival only has traditional dining, which to some is a good thing, I personally like the choice. The Spirit class (Legend) ships are the best Carnival has and compare nicely with the Star class (Dawn) of NCL.

You have two sea days each way on the Legend. Didn't you see that when you booked the cruise? I cruised on the Legend last June and found the sea days a time to enjoy the the various activities on board or simply sit back and relax. Lines are a part of our life no matter where you go. Sometimes they can be a bit long, but just take it in stride and before you realize it, the line is gone. Don't let the extra sea days keep you from enjoying your cruise. Life is too short to be in a hurry.

I have cruised both the Dawn and the Legend and they are both great ships. I like both lines and think each is better at different things. We partied more on NCL though.

NCL: freestyle dining, more & different sea day activities, better past guest perks

CCL: better food, larger cabins, lower prices, childrens' program

Hoski.....

I agree with you 100%. I love Freestyle but my husband did not. I will be going on the Legend in a month (my husbands turn to pick.) But next year my turn.

Both lines are great and I am happy just to be on a cruise.

Archived