fresh off the inspiration!!

cruzin w chris

As for Grand Cayman....Tendering was not good. Having read much on the CC board, I did not want to risk an indy excursion. The time in port was (supposed to be) short and with the tendering and 6 ships in port that day there were too many factors that could have gone wrong (and did). After our first choice excursion that I booked online was canceled, we managed to get tickets to the reef wreck snorkel for the 10:30 time. Well, we got in line for the tender at 8:45 and didn't make it to shore until 11:15, just as our tour pulled away (had no issues getting a refund from Excursions Desk). The seas were very rough and the staff was having a horrible time trying to stabilize loading and unloading. On our return to the ship (we decided to get back after a short port walk and lunch), it probably took over 1/2 hour to off load the tender, passengers had to literally leap into the arms of the ship personnel who were there to catch you. Now, I was okay with it all, taking it as an adventure, etc, but there were elderly passengers and those with small kids who were definitely frightened, with just cause it really was an unsafe situation. Because of tendering issues, we left GC over 3 hours late...many people had been waiting for hours and hours to get back. Carnival compensated everyone by offering a 2 hour open bar on the last sea day, great for us - but maybe not enough for those who had bigger issues.

We are scheduled to be in Grand Cayman on a Monday. According to the website that tells you how many ships are in port, it is a light day. Hopefully, this will help with the tendering issue. If not we are booked with Capt. Marvins and they aren't supposed to charge us if we can't make it there due to tendering or other ship problems. I could handle a 2 hour open bar.:D

We loved the Inspiration too. I remember the tendering in Grand Cayman being awful too. We had booked with Captain Marvins and luckily they waited for us, but we waited forever to even get off the ship!

I'm doing the Glory in August. I'm wondering if I will like it as well as the Inspiration since it's a larger ship? Any opinions on this- are there many of you out there who prefer the larger ships?

Musicman 9859 and Tinkerbell82, our son is a DJ on the Inspiration. The cruise you are going on will be his last one on the Inspiration. He goes to the Valor in July after some time off. Stop by the disco and say hello to DJ Andy from Connie and Gary. Tell him his parents said to play whatever song requests you want or he will not have a place to stay during his vacation!!!

Connie & Gary

LOL!! We'll make sure to tell him hello for you!! :-)

What can you say about the Inspiration..it is amazing..the ship just doesnt age. I sailed last April and loved her. The promenade is so unique and the atrium at night...just incredible! The neon lights change colors...fading in and out..The drydock period will only improve her!

Bluepetal, you will enjoy Inspiration, it is a Fantasy class ship, very nice and clean. You will have about 1000 less passangers on Inspiration than Glory, the lines won't be as bad. We have sailed both and to be honest I enjoy the Fantasy class ships, because of the smaller crowds and more service from the staffs. Hope you get your group together and have a great cruise.:D

sorry i couldnt reply folks, we suddenly had some house issues that had to be attended to. but it looks like others are replying beautifully. thanks all !!

hoopsielv: Honestly, I liked the Inspiration much better than the Glory. The service just seemed to be much more personal. I enjoyed both cruises, but Inspiration was better. (BTW, when I went on the Inspiration it was a 7 day cruise as well.)

Archived